PDA

View Full Version : birthday suggestions...

luv_cinderella
08-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Our daughter will be turning 9 during our next trip. :party: Does anybody have any neat suggestions for the day of her birthday or even throughout the trip? We plan on getting the button for her to wear, but anything else? Maybe places to eat on her birthday, etc.?

Thanks for any ideas!

mshomeschoolmom
08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Is she a girly girl? There is bibbidy bobbidy boutique. Also character dining. I have ordered from ebay for my daughters which will be a total surprise to them hopefully unless they find them before we get to Disney, autograph books with matching carryon bag that can also be a pin lanyard. I will get my husband to take these to the room while I entertain my girls in the resort gift shop. I have made up letters that also has a coloring sheet on the other side to both being from Mickey and Minnie that will go with the autograph book/bag.
Here is the letter I wrote:
Mickey and Minnie Mouse and all of their friends at Disney World would like to welcome (name) to the wonderful world of Disney (date) . We here that you are eating with our friends at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall on (date) and would like for you to tell all of our princess friends hello for us. We also here that it is your mom's birthday. Be sure and tell her Mickey and Minnie says happy birthday. Don't forget to tell everyone you see that it's her birthday so she can be recognized all week. We hope you have the best of fun at Disney World. We have left you a little surprise from us and hope you enjoy it.
Your Friends,
Mickey and Minnie
They are also wanting the new Disney Movie coming out on DVD in a week or so and I think I will get it and be a room surprise also.

Pop Centurion
08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Last year my Niece celebrated her birthday along with me in WDW. Here are some of the places that did something special for her that really stood out:
Crystal Palace sprinkled foil Mickey ears(I'm guessing that's supposed to be like pixie dust) all over the table along with some ribbon and decorations. They also gave her a signed card from the characters.
Boma brought out some special deserts and a cupcake with candle on a wood cutting board. They decorated the cutting board with candy sprinkles and wrote Happy Birthday with her name in chocolate. They also gave her a Bday card with some African sayings and their meanings. Can't remember exactly but it was very cool.
Liberty Tree Tavern (Character Dinner) brought out a cupcake w/ candle and Goofy made her get up and dance with him.

If you can afford it you could take her to BBB on her big day and have her made up like the princesses of her choice. I think that would be real special and something she'll love and always remember.

Don't forget to let the resort know it's her birthday. They will put some balloons in the room along with a card that has a photo signed by her favorite character. Sometimes they don't ask what her favorite character is and just have a picture of Mickey with his signature. So you might want to mention it if they don't ask.

Have her wear the pin the whole time. Even though everyday isn't her actual birthday, it's still her "birthday trip." There's no reason for her not to be spoiled the entire time. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-20-2008, 10:00 PM
My DD turned 10 on our last trip, and it was a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday.

We got her a birthday button for the whole trip, and we got Disney t-shirts made that said "Daughter's 10th Birthday Trip", so she felt super-special!

She got so much special treatment. Almost everywhere we ate she got a cupcake, a number of cards, and some happy birthday songs. Her favourite places were all in Epcot...Akershus (where she got a card signed by all of the princesses), Biergarten (where they sang her happy brithday in german during the show, and gave her a gingerbread man AND a card signed by all of the CM's in Germany) and R&C (where they wrote her happy bithday in her card in gaelic, and sang to her, and gave her a cake, AND a card signed by all of the UK CM's). She felt so special that day :cloud9:

Other than that...it was just great hearing CM's wish her a happy birthday all over the place. We used the Disney florist to have a chocolate bar cake in the room for her, with some Happy Birthday balloons.

luv_cinderella
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
So... no one thinks she will be too "old" for the character and/or princess stuff? She used to be very into the princesses, but now seems to be moving in the direction of HSM and Hannah Montanna, etc.

We, personally, don't want her growing up so fast, but it sure seems like she is. :( This will be our first trip as our "blended family" so it will be special in many ways already... we just would like to make it extra special for her.

Thanks for the great tips so far everyone! :mickey:

Keep 'em coming... :thumbsup:

disneyfan328
08-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Make shirts for her to wear that say "blank" is celebtaing her birthday disney style with her fav characters on them.
Send a ups package to her at the hotel before you leave with birthday decorations, balloons ect. make sure to decorate the room and window with birthday stuff too. most of it is light and flat and easy to pack. you can order cakes ect at a lot of the restuarnts in disney and they will make a big deal out of it for her.

maybe see what she would like to do - mini golf, rent bikes or a boat - you just never know with kids these days. She might have her own idea that will surprise you!!

We opted to not do BBB but since my daugther dances we have all of the sparkles and hairpieces and even a crown that I got her at claires in the mall. I took her aside outside of CRT by the cinderella fountain and did her up BBB style and put her princess dress on over her shoes. All day long people were saying aww look she went to BBB - daughter was proud to tell them,, nope, my mom did it for me since I am her princess. It saved us a bunch of money and time and she looked just a good (minus the sash).

luv_cinderella
08-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks disneyfan328! Great ideas :thumbsup:

I really like the t-shirt idea and room decorations... I had thought of Christmas decorations, but somehow completely overlooked birthday decorations in our room! :party:

Seeing as we have over a year to plan, I think it will work out great.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions!

eandrsmom
08-24-2008, 12:03 AM
We celebrated my DD's 7th birthday at 1900 Park Fare in the GF. I had a cake ordered from the bakery, and it was beautiful.
That day, my DH rented a boat, and took her and my DS out on bay lake. She really enjoyed spending some down time, doing something different.
We've also eaten dinner at Whispering Canyon, it has always been very good, and a lot of fun. I'm not sure what they do for birthdays, but I'm sure it's something fun.
Whatever you decide will be great, afterall, she'll be at Disney on her birthday! My daughter still talks about it, and it's been two years!