PDA

View Full Version : Towels...Pack em or leave em

*NikkiJ*
08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I am finishing up our packing for our upcoming trip (our 1st too!)...We leave SUNDAY:mickey:

However, I was wondering should I bother packing our own towels, or just leave them behind??

We still have lots of room in our luggage...

I read earlier that lots of people take their towels from their resort to the water parks...Is this okay to do? Or is it breaking some rule??

gerald72
08-20-2008, 08:52 PM
If you have the room and want your own towel, then take them.
Some of the pools supply towels, value resorts don't. You have to take them from the rooms to the pool. But it's all the same towels, and I'm sure they all go to the same laundry.
I don't think there is any rules against taking hotel towels to the water parks. I suppose you have to take them back to the rooms afterwards? I don't know if there is anywhere to put them at the parks when they are wet.

DestinationWDW
08-20-2008, 08:59 PM
We went last aug to the water parks and found we really didn't need towels. It was so hot you were dry in an about 30 minutes

My DD says they had them at the park but I don't remember that. I think she is confusing the quite pools at the resort.

Lizzie
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
You can rent towels at the water park for a dollar. We packed towels on our last trip just because I didn't want to deal with it.

But they were really lightweight and didn't take much room.

SFTrny
08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels...

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

WonderlandsMostWanted
08-21-2008, 12:24 AM
If you prefer having your own towels, and you have room, go for it. If not, well... don't TRY to fill up your extra space now... I'm sure you'll find PLENTY of stuff at WDW that's going to need a way to get back home with you! ;) :mickey:

Belle619
08-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Part of the reason I like to bring my own towels on vacation is because I have the big beach towels and most of the time hotel pools only have the standard size that don't fully cover the lounge chairs. Also, I like to completely wrap myself up in a towel after going for a swim so that there aren't any wardrobe malfunctions, so the added coverage from those big towels is great.

They do take up room though, but I find that if I lay them as flat as possible on the bottom of my suitcase, that usually works out ok.

yjgirl32
08-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I personally would not waste the space in my luggage. If you really don't like the towels they provide for you you could also buy a new one down there. I bring back a lot of souveniers home with me so if I had extra space I would be in heaven. Good luck with your decision.