PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose......

Sunshine1010
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
If you had to choose between a vacation in February or November. Which would it be?...and why?

rt207
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Are you talking about early November or at Thanksgiving?

If it's early November, I have to go with November. The weather is usually wonderful (to me):cloud9:. I haven't been in February, but I was there in late January. January was a bit too chilly for me (although not cold).

jeddalynn
08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
As long as it's not near Thanksgiving, I'd pick November. Lots of colleges and universities have reading weeks throughout February.

jrkcr
08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I'd pick November. Cool weather, and I love fall. We've been in November, the week leading up to Thanksgiving, and it was perfect!

Plus, I have terrible allergies in the spring! And spring comes early in Florida, so I wouldn't risk having a miserable week.
:sneeze:
But we have heard February is a great time with low crowd levels, so DH wants to go in February!

karenrarintogo
08-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I would definitely pick FEBRUARY! The 2nd week when it is still value season and not so busy is a great time to go.
WHY do I pick February? Because I live in a Great Lakes state that gets SNOW-SNOW-SNOW!:snowman: all winter and we need a break from it by February.
We so appreciate this::sun::sun::sun: in February.

Belle619
08-21-2008, 09:03 AM
For me, I'd go with February. But, you have to consider where I live - Rochester, NY. :snowball:

Usually by February I am sick of the cold weather and snow. By then, the seasonal depression is setting in and I'm craving a trip to any place that is warmer! Whereas November here usually isn't so bad and you have the holidays to look forward to, so I don't mind staying put.

yjgirl32
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I would choose February. For one my birthday is in Feb, but also because from Jan to May I don't get any days off so I could use a vacation somehwere in there- plus I could use all my Christmas money to buy stuff. :mickey:

SAHDad
08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
We generally go in January, but Feb would be about the same. We did go once in Nov, just after Thanksgiving, and that would be my vote. They've started putting up the Christmas decorations, and we'd get to celebrate my DWs birthday with Mickey. :mickey:

diz_girl
08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Another vote for early February.

It's Value season, so the room rates are lower, plus the crowds are low too.

Also, a February trip breaks up the monotony of Winter.

Dyanna
08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
November for us as Feb tends to start getting busy with school mid-winter recesses here in the northeast.

joonyer
08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Weather: about the same in Orlando during both times, very comfortable.
Crowds: About the same for both periods except for Thanksgiving week.
When we've been in February, it was warm enough for swimming and the crowds were not that bad, even through President's day weekend.
Our kids have a school break in both Feb. and Nov. but the November break is Thanksgiving week and WDW is way more crowded that week, plus we have big traditional family Thanksgiving gatherings every year, so we would choose February.