PDA

View Full Version : How is Planet Hollywood

pink
08-20-2008, 06:38 PM
We either want to go to the Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood, which one is better? We have no young kids going with us. :mickey:

Tinksalot
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Neither one is great, but if I had to chose it would be Rainforest Cafe. :mickey:

medic9016
08-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Neither one is great, but if I had to chose it would be Rainforest Cafe. :mickey:

I agree

GrmGrninGost
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Neither is great, but both are good! I prefer the Rainforest Cafe myself. Planet Hollywood was entirely too loud for me. We had to yell to hear each other across the table. We had a hard time understanding the waiter because of the noise. If I go back, I will take ear plugs. Now, as far as the food, it is good at both spots. I would not hesitate to recommend either one.

Unlimitedfun
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I liked Planet Hollywood better. We were at both the Rainforest Cafe, and Planet Hollywood last year, and we liked Planet Hollywood so much that we went back for a second meal there. |do like the atmosphere at Rainforest Cafe, with all the fish tanks and wild life, but the meal for us was better at Planet Hollywood.
Just my two cents.

A Mouse Fan
08-21-2008, 11:30 AM
We will never ever go to Planet Hollywood again, it's really loud in there and the food is gross! We had a coupon for a free meal there and I was like...can I have my money back :laughing:
I have had good and bad meals at the Rainforest Cafe. I would definitely do the Rainforest Cafe any day over Planet Hollywood.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
We always eat at RFC because its tradition and its kind of fun but we really enjoyed our meal at Planet Hollywood more....it is loud though

TINKERBELL_82
08-21-2008, 11:53 AM
They are both too loud- IMO. We got seated next to a gorilla at RFC and all we heard the entire meal was "OOO EEE AAA AAA AAA"!

I like them both- but I prefer the food at PH more...

bruin1344
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
neither

BrerSchultzy
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
neither

That's my thought too. Head on over to one of the food carts to eat. Both of these places are non-Disney chains that don't really offer much in the way of value. We spent WAY too much for our food at Planet Hollywood (think run-down, noisy Applebee's without the variety), and while we enjoyed Rainforest Cafe, we would have been better served grabbing something at the Earl of Sandwich.

pox24
08-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Once was enough for us...:ack:

kemps@wdw
08-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't really care for either! :shrug: We usually go to House of Blues. :thumbsup: And next trip, we'll probably try Earl of Sandwich.:eat:

mickeys_princess_mom
08-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I think I prefer Rainforest. Really unique atmosphere, and better food IMO. I also enjoy Planet Hollywood, but it is pretty loud if that bothers you.

Lizzie
08-21-2008, 10:18 PM
We don't like any of the food at Rainforest Cafe. Like the menu and food at Planet Hollywood but the atmosphere is loud and we have never had quick service.

We didn't eat there our last trip and I missed it. Even with the noise and service.

ElenitaB
08-21-2008, 10:54 PM
After spending hours waiting for a table at AK's Rainforest Cafe (despite an RFC Safari Club ressie), I decided that I would never again spend my Disney time visiting a restaurant that had a branch locally (RFC is at the Edison mall in Jersey and there's a Planet Hollywood in Times Square. Plus, I can then get of taste of a Disney-related experience when I get to really miss WDW.

How about a trip to Raglan Road or House of Blues? They're places we don't have up our way?

CaptSmee
08-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I like the food at Rainfest Cafe much better. They have a large, and varied menu with interesting choices on it and it's always been good. While I enjoy Planet Hollywood to see the movie gear around the restaurant and the clips while eating, the food has always been kinda so-so. Service has always been consistent. Slow and non-existant.

minnesotafreeze
08-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I like both restaurants but I prefer Planet Hollywood. I know people complain about it being too noisy but that is what I like about it. The noise seems to add to the excitement level. :mickey:

EmmMOM2
08-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Neither really...I guess i'd say Rainforest cafe for the atmosphere!!

Planet Hollywood was REAL noisy, I could barely hear the person across the table from me and the food stunk and was overpriced, i wont go again.

Rainforest Cafe has a great theme and stuff to look at but again the food is nothing special and its pricey. You definitely pay more for the atmosphere then food.

Natazu
08-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Rainforest Cafe by far over Planet Hollywood. Rainforest has a much more diverse menu and a couple of killer desserts. We usually skip Rainforest at Disney because we have one closer to home but I kind of like the place. VOL-CA-NOOOOOOO!

A Big Kid
08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
We will never ever go to Planet Hollywood again, it's really loud in there and the food is gross! We had a coupon for a free meal there and I was like...can I have my money back :laughing:
I have had good and bad meals at the Rainforest Cafe. I would definitely do the Rainforest Cafe any day over Planet Hollywood.

Eggs Zackly. Hence they always have that coupon issued.

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
I would suggest RFC. It is yummy and more kid friendly. Planet Hollywood is also yummy but EXTREMELY LOUD.