PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick note

dolphinmickey9170
08-20-2008, 01:31 PM
OMG, if it rains one more day, I think I'll scream.

Keara is sick with a cold, she had a high fever for a couple days, and I don't want her out in the rain getting sicker. So....guess where we have spent most of the last several days?? Our room. :ack: I'm sick and tired of these four walls. We have watched movies, resort hopped, took the WL tour with Stan, hung out in the Carolwood room, eaten, eaten and eaten some more. Now we are watching the incredibles while I check out Intercot.

Fay has been dumping rain upon us, got some nice sunset pix yesterday, before the clouds came in again and took over. I'll post them once I get home.

We haven't really had much for TS damage. Just rain and a little wind. Everytime I think it is going to stop raining.....it starts right up again. Now they tell me the storm that was blowing off to the east is going to make a u-turn and come back inland and hang around until Saturday. That is the day we come home.:(

Just a quick thought....if you come to VWL and are given room 4560....ask for another room, with a smaller number. This room is the next to the last possible room as far away from everything as possible. We have a view of the laundry facilities - for the resort, not personal laundry. It is the longest walk to our room in history. Oh well. Not complaining, at least I'm in Disney!

Well, that's all for now. I'll post a real report once I get home. This has acutally been a long vacation. Very hot, humid, rain, one complaining guest who actually told Katy to "Shut that kid up" when she was coming to the room with Keara last night. She was crying in the hall.

I have had some fun times with Capt Jessica Sparrow and kakn7294 and family. Looking forward to more fun with all...including DisneyWhirled and DWHubby next May.

Bye for now!

kakn7294
08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Aw, poor baby! Is she still sick? Phil and Megan are better - I was hoping she'd get better quickly too. As for the complaining guest, ignore him or her. I've heard kids cry a lot louder than Keara! Sorry about the rain. I was hoping the storm would move on by now and you'd have nicer weather. Did you get to be the Flag Family or did that get cancelled by the storm as well? I know you were looking forward to it. Hugs and kisses to you all - we miss you!

dolphinmickey9170
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Keara is still snotty, coughing, but not feverish. I just don't want to chance her getting sicker by getting wet and cold.

We did not get to be the Flag Family. I got a call from the concierge desk explaining that the wind and rain kept this from happening, so they gave us a free continental breakfast on the club level and I can go up to the observation deck later this week any day after nine and can take pictures.

Send us some pixie dust please.....and push that storm out of here!! UGH!!

tinkerbell04
08-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi Kristin,
I have been waiting to hear a little bit from you. I am sorry that Keara is sick and that you are having so much rain. I hope to hear more about the trip when you get back. Hang in there!

laward32
08-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Sorry she is sick. This has got to be the worst time and place to be sick. You want to be enjoying your vacation. Sorry Fay had to ruin everything on top of the sickness. Hope she and the weather gets better.:mickey:

DisneyWhirled
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I have been looking forward to reading a live report from you for days!!! I didn't expect Keara to be sick. I'm so sorry!! Please send her hugs and kisses from Uncle John and Auntie Karen.

When you texted your room was far, my memory quickly brought me to our WL stay last May. We got there around 9am and our room was ready...so down the llooooooooooooong hallway we went. Our room was the very last room on the floor overlooking the running/walking path to FW. John picked up the phone and called the front desk and asked to be moved....they did move us, but we had to wait 'till later in the day. That was not a problem. We ended up getting the 1st room on the 1st floor near the DVC entrance. I probably would not have liked WL so much if we were that far...but, like you said, "at least we were in Disney"!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you all. I hope that Keara feels better soon and that the sun shines!!

ytzking
08-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I can definitely feel your pain. We've been here since the 13th and it's rained more and more every day progressively. We've all got flu symptoms, ( in and out - a/c - rain - a/c - rain)and we're trying to make the best of it. Hopefully by Friday we'll be back to " Scattered T-Storms ". We can only hope. Anyway, a lousy day at WDW is better than any day at work.
Hang In There!

pogo
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Sorry for all your troubles. :(

Maybe you could use some extra :pixie: for Keara's recovery and an end to the :rain:.

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I am so sorry that rain and illness have come into your vacation. Not fun at all. I hope Keara feels better, the rain stops and you can have some fun before you have to head home. :pixie:

Tiggerlovr9000
08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
So sorry to hear she's sick. Hope the storm winds down soon. Take care..

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm so sorry she's sick and Fay's being so nasty:(

Bethanymouse
08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey there. So sorry to hear about all the rain and about Keara's fever. What a rude guest, obviously she doesnt have any disney magic. I really hope that things start to look up for you. We had such a great time meeting you last week. If it makes you feel any better we have the disney blues really really bad......like so bad I want to move into Main Street USA! Cant wait to read your trip report when you get home, and heres praying for some good weather for you!

princessgirls
08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh Boy!

What an adventure.

I hope Fay and Keara's illness vacate soon.

Julie:mickey:

GrumpyFan
08-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Wow, no fun at all. Sorry to hear of all your troubles, and I hope you daughter is better soon.

I'm not sure if it's an option, but depending on the tickets you bought for the trip, you might be able to still purchase the non-expiring option which will allow you to use the unused days. It could save you some money for your future trip(s). Take your tickets to the front desk and see what your options are.

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!! I sure hope the pixie dust works for FAY! 'Cuz right now....I do not like her.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Fay is making a lot of people mean and nasty....

Like that family behind us at dinner, the people on the monorail and the two different families on the elevators.

Bah, so rude.....

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2008, 10:07 PM

Like that family behind us at dinner, the people on the monorail and the two different families on the elevators.

Bah, so rude.....

I think you should have run her over at the elevator....she thought we were going to anyway. I guess everyone is sick of the rain.

Thanks for coming to dinner with us. We will miss you. We must keep in touch.

Bethis26fan
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry for the rain and sick child. I hope everything gets better for you. If we could I would say send the rain to SC we could use it, but we know that doesn't work. Hope your trip gets better.

GrumpyFan
08-22-2008, 01:02 AM

Bah, so rude.....

I imagine so. People pay a lot of money for their vacation to WDW. For some, it's a once in a lifetime experience. Not that it makes it excusable, but I can see how a tropical storm all week would make them a little edgy.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-22-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry, but you shouldn't come to a state that is WELL-KNOWN to rain everyday, especially during hurricane season. It's not like it's a secret.

Otherwise, visit a dry state like Arizona.

Natazu
08-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Pixie Dust for you guys. :magic:
Hope it gets better. Stay out of the elevators.

ElenitaB
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry about Fay and particularly sorry about Keara's fever! Hope that by now both situations are improving!

faline
08-24-2008, 05:16 AM
It's certainly no fun being sick on vacation. Maybe you'll have to plan a "do over".