PDA

View Full Version : disneygeek84's pretrip report

disneygeek84
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
So I've been contemplating for awhile now whether or not I wanted to do a pre-trip report. But this morning I finally decided I might as well.

This is a big trip for my DH and I. I'm celebrating 20 years of visiting WDW, we're both celebrating birthdays (even though they're both in May, we didn't do anything special because we knew we'd be in WDW in Sept.), and we're celebrating 2 years of marriage.

We planned this trip back in April, and all those months ago I never imagined I would need a trip to WDW more than I do now. I'll give you a little background...First, I lost my job at the beginning of April due to health issues and problems with my boss. Then I haven't been able to find a job since then due to all the traveling I've had to do all summer. I visited my grandparents in East Texas in mid June and never imagined that it would be the last time I saw my grandfather in semi-good health. A couple of weeks preceding July 4th we found out that my mom's Dad had cancer. They found the secondary in his liver first and found the primary in his esophagus. He was 83 and it was very aggressive, so they weren't going to treat it. This was a HUGE blow to my family. Up until that point all 4 of my grandparents had been alive and healthy. I got to go and visit him with one of my younger sisters on 8/2 and then again the next week on 8/9 with my youngest sister. The change in him between those two Saturdays was unreal. I got a call on the morning of 8/13 informing me that he had passed away in the night. His funeral was this past Friday and my whole entire family (minus one cousin who was stuck in South Africa doing something for his PhD) was there. He looked handsome, I'll give him that. Everyone loved him.
And in between finding out about the cancer and his passing, my older sister and her husband moved to Colorado Springs, which was hard as well. I'm very close to my family, so to have one move so far away and the other to pass away, it's been a tough summer.

SO, (sorry about the sob story..just had to explain why this trip was so needed) now I'm 18 days away from leaving for my week long trip to the World. Which will unfortunately be our last until we're not sure when. We've decided to start trying for a family next year and I don't want to go back until I have one of my children with me. So it will probably the end of 2010 or somewhere in 2011 before I can get back.

We're doing the Free Dining and got all the ADR's that we wanted, when we wanted them.

We'll be driving down so we're leaving on Saturday, September 6th, and arriving in Disney on Sunday September 7th and will be staying until the following Saturday and driving back home to Dallas.

Our ADR's are as follows;
9/7 - Dinner at Kona Cafe
9/8 - Lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh
9/9 - Just CS meals this day
9/10 - Lunch at Yak and Yeti
9/11 - Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
9/12 - Lunch at Sci-Fi
9/13 - Breakfast at 1900 Park Fair

Some of these we've eaten at before and loved them so we're going back again and some of them are new to us.
Our days are all planned out as to which park has evening EMH's and we'll be park hopping as well so it's alot to write out as to where we'll be each day, but you can kind of get an idea from where we're eating. We'll be eating at the park we plan to be in during that part of the day. We like to spend the morning and early afternoon in one park, and then hop over to where they're having evening EMH's and stay there as late as we can stand it.

Thank you all for reading, sorry if it was too long or boring. I'm new to trip reporting/Intercot so don't be too mad at me!! :mickey::D:mickey::D:mickey:

PittFan
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned. From your post it sounds like the Magic at WDW is just what you need right now. Have a wonderful and safe trip!

LuvsTigger80
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
sorry to hear about your grandfather.sounds like you could use some mickey magic. hope you have a good time.:mickey:

Lizzie
08-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Sorry about your loss. But it looks like a great trip enjoy your vacation.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Sorry about your grandfather...thanks for the report

ChipnDaleGal
08-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I am so very sorry about your grandfather :pixie: for all your family as you try to come to terms with his loss.

Sounds like this week at WDW is just what you need. I hope you and your husband enjoy your last trip there as a couple. :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Sounds like you really rally need to be going to Disney. We have a couple of things in common- 1. we both had a much loved grandparent pass away after a very bad disease spread. 2. had a very close family member move away. I hope you enjoy your vacation and get some much needed relation. Have a very Magical trip.

faline
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
You really have had a tough summer! I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved granddad. I hope the magic of Disney will be just the medicine you need!

1EeyoreFan
08-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a much deserved break! We are going to be there Sept. 7-14th as well! Counting the days down as we speak!!

disneygeek84
08-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank you everyone for your pixie dusted wishes!

I'll try and do trip reports when I get home, but at this point, I can't make any promises. Thanks again!!