PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to switch to CSR!

WDW1208
08-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey everyone!
I have never stayed at any other mod other than POR and POFQ but I seem to be seeing a lot of positive things about CSR lately. Location is just as nice, food court comments, and some other things. I am currently booked at POFQ for our Dec trip but now I am thinking of switching to CSR if I can get a king room (which I can't get at POFQ). I have seen some things here and there but would like to have it laid out for me! I grew up in southern CA and then lived for 4 years in AZ and now in TX so I was thinking maybe the theme would not be to our liking (we see southwest stuff daily) but it does look beautiful. Tell me why I should switch (or why I shouldn't!) and please help me out! I am overwhelmed!!
Thanks!

caryrae
08-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I have not stayed at CSR yet but will next year just because of all the great things said about it here. Buzz2001 has a nice homepage all about CSR http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/ and I am sure they will be around to help.

Marker
08-19-2008, 06:49 PM
My first thought, if you already have had a thought of "maybe the theme would not be to our liking ", then I'd stick with what you already have, and KNOW you like. While there, catch a bus over to CSR and check it out. That way for your next trip, you can decide for yourself, based on your own likes and dislikes.

Making a switch based on comments you read on here, or anywhere, would be risky. Different people like different things. What one person says is awful, another person my love.

And then there are those who simply like to complain for fun, or so they will appear to be an authority, without any real knowledge. As I'm sure we're all aware, anything you read has to be taken with a grain of salt.

But that's just my opinion.

WDW1208
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the link! i am checking it out right now. According to the website I would be able to get a King room there, as it shows up as an option with a new package for $98 (for the week) more than what I am paying. I wanted to add that this is a trip for 2 adults only, and if we were going with our 2 boys we would not consider trying it out since they have their faves, I thought this might be a good opportunity to see what CSR is all about. I will take the advice of all of you (and take everything with a grain of salt!)
Thanks! Keep 'em coming, good or bad!

Also does anyone know if there will be any conventions there during the week we are going? 12/13-12/19? Thanks!

BronxTigger
08-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I think that since you are willing to try it out, you should.

Honestly, I'm not that crazy about the theming at CSR. (I grew up in a desert area too.) However, I did like the amenities. Their pool is the best of the moderates, although I'm not sure how much you'll use it in December.

I meant to request the Casitas or Cabanas, because I do like the exterior theming of both. I forgot, and ended up in the Ranchos, which is my least favorite exterior theming at CSR (I think the interiors are all the same).

The Casitas area has some nice fountains and the Cabanas area has a little beach with hammocks.

I didn't use the food court, and I've heard that it operates differently from most. (I think :confused:it's kind of like Panera where they bring the food to your seat after you order at the counter.) I have heard that the food is good. I just was always eating in the parks.

buzz2001
08-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Check out my CSR website

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Gator
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Convince you? No way. I'm not going to tell you that the best moderate theming is at CSR, regardless of which section you get. I won't say that the pool is the best resort pool at WDW. I won't even say that the food court is one of my favorite places to eat. And I definitely won't tell you that the bus service is the best I've ever experienced. I just don't feel like selling anybody on anything right now.

Whatever you do, don't ask me to convince you see the Liberty Voices, eat at Le Cellier, or ride Expedition Everest.

CleveRocks
08-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone!
I have never stayed at any other mod other than POR and POFQ

Tell me why I should switch (or why I shouldn't!) and please help me out! I am overwhelmed!!

We stayed at CBR twice and loved it.

For our next trip, we decided to stay somewhere different, just for the sake of trying something different. We stayed at POFQ and loved it. It didn't make us dislike CBR, but we also fell in love with POFQ.

So for our upcoming trip, we decided to try something new again ... and we're staying at CSR. I'll bet we fall in love with CSR, too!

lilolvr
08-20-2008, 08:26 AM
CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Plus CSR now has QUEEN beds!! :thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
08-20-2008, 08:41 AM
We have stayed there six years in a row - if we go again this year - we'll stay there again.

We love everything about it but what really impressed me is the bus service. With CSR being a conference center we have found the busses to be relatively empty when going to the parks during the day. I am sure during the busier holidays this may not be the case but last year during Thanksgiving we never had to wait for a bus and I rarely had to stand.

CSR gets a big :thumbsup:from me for everything they do!

RPHX2NC
08-20-2008, 09:59 AM
We stayed at CSR Sept 2005 and POR Sept 2007. Hands down CSR just based on bus service alone. The pool and food court are great and it never feels crowded. But let's keep this a secret:secret:

We are returning to CSR Sept 2008 but if we had to stay at POR we would not return to WDW.

WDW1208
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all of your replies! You guys are the best! Now I am trying to talk my DH into it!

jrkcr
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Hmmm... why is everyone now wanting to stay at MY favorite resort?

Oh, I know-cause everyone on here has let the secret out that it is such a great place! :secret:

CSR=:thumbsup::thumbsup: