PDA

View Full Version : Story idea based on Michael Eisner

GrumpyFan
08-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Call me crazy, but I was reading about Michael Eisner being nominated/inducted as a Disney legend, and it gave me this crazy idea for a story/movie based on his reign at Disney.

Take a young prince coming to power and becoming king over a small and somewhat gloomy kingdom ruled by a tyrant. He rises to power, defeats the tyrant and helps build the small kingdom into one that's large and thriving. But then, as time goes on, the king becomes distant, and egotistical, and starts to become more and more like the tyrant he replaced. The people become resentful, and the large kingdom now becomes gloomy again and is threatened by neighboring enemies to be overrun. Then along comes a heroine who helps the king to realize his fallacy, a romance ensues and she eventually helps return him and the kingdom back in to the once bright and thriving ways that he had helped bring them to.

So, what do you think? Does it have the foundation for a good story? Or, has it been done already? I know Disney doesn't accept outside ideas, but could you see them doing something like this? It could be animated, or live action. I could see a heroine like what Drew Barrymore played in Everafter.

brownie
08-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Didn't Dreamworks allude to this with Shrek?

GrumpyFan
08-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Didn't Dreamworks allude to this with Shrek?

Kind of. I think there have probably been several stories with similarities to the idea.