PDA

View Full Version : AAA does NOT Discount Disney Park Tickets (Do They?)

Goes4FastPass
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
There have been previous posts on this board about discount Disney Theme Park admission tickets.

I went to my local AAA office (I've been a member sicne there was 1 "A") and they said they do NOT discount park tickets. AAA discounts Disney resort rooms and if you book MYW the discount is strictly the room part.

They had an whole drawer of carefully sorted Disney Admission Tickets but they were no cheaper than the gate price at WDW.

Is my local AAA office wrong? I've heard "they say...AAA discount" but have any of you purchased discount AAA admission media in the past year or so?

danicafan
08-19-2008, 12:12 PM
I haven't had any luck with AAA discounts either for DisneyWorld. In fact the discount on the package wasn't even that much of a savings! Obviously I am missing something or not going about it the right way because I haven't seen any savings through AAA for Disney.

TheRustyScupper
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
1) AAA does not discount non-Florida one-day passes.
2) AAA does discount Florida-resident one-day passes.
3) They do discount Florida and non-Florida multi-day passes.

4) As with most broker/resellers, the discounts range from approx 3%-8%.
5) For Florida residents, they discount tickets from approx 10%-28%.

azcavalier
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
We got our AAA discount about four years ago just to get discounts on WDW packages. I don't believe that it was on the actual park admission itself, but with an entire Disney Your Way package including resort, food, and admission to the parks. For what we wanted, the discount itself amounted to more than the cost of the AAA membership for both my wife and I, so it was a good deal.

Insanity Clause
08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
They had a listing in the AAA mag on discounted park tickets. Maybe it depends on region or something.

KAJUNKING
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
how many days do you have to purchase from aaa to get the parking pass, or do you have to buy a package through them in order to get the parking pass?

ThanxForNoticin
08-19-2008, 12:47 PM
We live in the Northeast. Just last week we pre-purchased several park hoppers through AAA and got a small discount (3%-5%). We did our's online with our local club - I don't know if that makes a difference. But we definitely saved a few dollars on Disney passes using AAA - and we're not doing any kind of a package with them. This is just tickets.

AvonleaCF
08-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, they do give some discounts.

I know the 3-day hopper ticket is about $8 cheaper at AAA.

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-19-2008, 01:25 PM
DH & I saved a good deal last year on Florida Resident's Seasonal AP's through AAA. Bought them at their office in Daytona Beach, although I could have bought them online through AAA.

Mousemates
08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, they do discount some tickets...we got our ten day hoppers + through them and saved a bit of money...but only a little bit...the discount, while helpful, was nothing to write home about.

CleveRocks
08-19-2008, 05:36 PM
I think every office or at least every region is different. Here in the Atlantic City, NJ area, I can get an 8-day adult base ticket for $229 instead of $231 through Disney, and a child's ticket for $192 instead of $196.

So for this adult ticket, it's just $2 off, less than a 1% discount.

dmallan
08-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Last year I pre-purchased park passes at our local AAA office. As others have said, not a big discount - for 6-day non-hopper passes, it was about a $10 savings for each ticket.

You can also use AAA to get discounts on room-only reservations. You do not have to make reservations through AAA to get the discount. Any TA, including Magical Journeys can get the AAA discount on your room only reservation.
That, for us, was a big savings since there were no other discount codes at that time.

The savings on the tickets ($50 total) and the rooms ($200) makes it well worth the annual fee to belong to AAA.

Altair
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
how many days do you have to purchase from aaa to get the parking pass, or do you have to buy a package through them in order to get the parking pass?

We've always received the parking pass with our multi-day tickets, but as others have said things vary from office to office.:mickey:

DigitalDaredevil
08-21-2008, 04:02 AM
In the Cleveland area, AAA has a brochure showing available tickets, but that they have additional deals if you go into the office. The brochure did not offer 10 day passes, but I recall seeing a sign for 10 day passes in the office. I did not catch the price however.
I imagine it varies from region to region.

rhonda16
08-21-2008, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=Goes4FastPass;1719315].

I went to my local AAA office (I've been a member sicne there was 1 "A")
:silly: I love that line. I've been a member of AAA since 1972 so could I use the 1 "A" line or do I need to say 2 "AA"?