PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there?

Walt Lucas
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone is on a cruise right now and what changes, if any are going on due to the tropical storm.

ElenitaB
08-19-2008, 08:09 PM
There are several sites you can visit to track the ships (google "track cruise ship"). In the past I've used cruisecal, sailwx dot info and porttime. Porttime reported the Wonder at Castaway Cay yesterday and at Nassau today.

I must admit, I also was wondering how the Wonder was weathering the effects of the storm.

Ed
08-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I just got word that the Wonder will NOT be coming back into Port Canaveral Thursday morning due to the storm; she is being diverted to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). The ship should have escaped any effects of the storm, as they were clear of Port Canaveral well before the storm hit the state, and the vast majority of the storm stayed close to Florida. Port Canaveral is another story; that area was (and still IS) hit pretty hard by the storm; tons of rain, wind, and rough seas.

Due to Tropical Storm Fay DCL is diverting the Disney Wonder to Port Everglades, near Fort Lauderdale, on Thursday, August 21. Guests who are currently onboard will disembark the ship and will be transported back to Central Florida via motorcoaches.

Guests that are sailing on Thursday will be transported to Port Everglades from Orlando International, Port Canaveral, and the WDW resort to board the ship. The Disney Wonder will return to Port Canaveral on Sunday, August 24.

The decision to divert the Disney Wonder to Port Everglades was made to ensure the safety of the guests and the crew.

DCL will be providing guest communication via our Disney Cruise Line Hospitality desks for our resort guests. The resort departure times will be altered and we will advise of the new times as soon as possible. DCL will provide a letter to our guests with the new times. Additionally, DCL will be providing our resort guests with gift cards to purchase food on WDW property. They will be distributed from the Hospitality desks on Thursday morning.