PDA

View Full Version : July Jewel's 2nd WDW trip day 4

julyjewel
08-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Today we took advantage of the EMH at AK. We got our FP's for Everest. When we got there, there was only a 15 min wait for the line so we got to do it twice.. We did the safari in between those two rides. There were a good many animals out. Our tour guide was funny and quite good at telling you about everything.

We saw many elephants, rhinos alongside the vehicle, hippos, ostriches...you name it. There were about 24 crocs all out of the water laying in the sun and we got some really good pics. One had his mouth hanging wide open.

We stopped to have some frozen treats. Mickey heads for the kids and frozen bananas for the rest of us. Then we headed to Camp Mickey. On our way we stopped to see the Pooh characters. Then we saw Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy. We found to the two bears from Brother Bear just right outside the restrooms. There wasn't any line. So we got pics of Koda and I forget the other one's name but we did get autograpghs too.

We went back to the room today for a little rest because our batteries were getting a little low. Then around 5, we headed over to MGM for EMH. We got to do Tot 2x, which we all love! My six year old laughs hysterically every time he is on this ride.

We did Star Tours and in the middle of the ride we lost sound and then everything went black. They got the ride up again and let us stay on for 2x. We did the Great Movie Ride and Muppets 3D. We never did the muppets before and boy was it cute. We really liked how they re-created the theater!

We looked through some shopes and all of us bought some character sketches. We got: Snow WHite, Steamboat Willie, Sorcerer Mickey, Donald, and Tigger.

We started to notice some lightning around 10:30. We were tired and decided to leave a little after 11. As soon as we boarded the bus, there was a huge downpour. It rained for a good bit that night. We were at ASMU Broadway, building 7, so we had quite a walk in the rain on the way back to our room.

I'll keep the posts coming as I get time to type them up.

yjgirl32
08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Good report. Sounds like you had a good day well except for the walk back to the resort in the downpour. Can't wait to read your other reports.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the reports

Beach Club Babe
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Great day, except for the rain!

Lizzie
08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the report.

Disneypixie513
08-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Sounds like you've been having a great trip..
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Meerkat
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Glad you had a good visit to AK. I love EE and Safaris.

laward32
08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
You got a lot done for one day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-22-2008, 08:36 AM
What a fun day! Sorry you had to end with with getting rained on, but at least you were heading to the room and dry clothes. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

faline
08-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Good thing that rain stayed away until the very end of your day! You packed a lot into this day!

tinkerbell04
08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for sharing, you have had a really great trip so far, with the exception of the late night downpour!

Bethis26fan
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Sounds like another fun day.

pdrlkr
08-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: