PDA

View Full Version : No more toll free numbers?

KatGat
08-19-2008, 08:43 AM
I noticed that even the latest WDW toll free number isn't valid now. I just used it in November 2007. Are there still any toll free numbers available for them?

DDuck66
08-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Not any that I am aware of. Those numbers were originally supposed to be for Travel Agents and were never meant for the general population. The numbers got out, and after being overused were discontinued.

Imagineer1981
08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
I would assume that in todays world of cell phones and blackberrys that toll free numbers wouldn't be as big of a deal. Almost every standard cell phone plan has long distance included. We don't even have a house phone anymore, just our cells.

KatGat
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, I don't have a blackberry, and my cell phone plan does not have unlimited free long distance, and I do still have a land line, so...:blush:...it was nice not to pay to sit on hold... but I do understand that if that wasn't the intended use for the numbers, why they would discontinue it. Thanks!

TheRustyScupper
08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
1) Unfortunately, it is just common sense.
2) Hotels and businesses have 1-800 numbers.
3) These are sales tools.
4) You make one call and make an order.

5) With Disney, it would be a senseless cost.
6) Most people call several times for the same stay.
7) Thus, after the first call, it is all cost, without further sales revenue.
8) Plus, think about how many times people call for ADR's.
9) They change, and change and change. And change.

KAJUNKING
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
i agree with the pp that with cell phones for most people it doesnt really matter, and to the op if your cell does not have free long distance, mabey you should shop for a new cell, we got my dd8 one of the pre paid cells for her birthday and even it has free long distance

KatGat
08-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Hmmm...Well, if logic stands that most people use cell phones for free long distance and the toll free number doesn't matter anyway, then the number of calls to the toll free number would be reduced, wouldn't it? ;)

I'm sure they were fielding many calls for the same reservation. It would still be nice to have one for basic reservations-even if you weren't allowed to use it for dining changes. Unfortunately, it is all about the lack of additional revenue generated and not the value added Customer Service...

I don't call long distance anywhere else, so it's not worth getting a newer phone, but thanks Kajun King!

I guess we can chalk it up to more belt-tightening for everyone.
Thanks!