PDA

View Full Version : Return 2 Zero/Four For A Dollar ending 9/20/2008

DizneyRox
08-19-2008, 07:38 AM
I just noticed over at another website that Four For A Dollar are not going to be performing at the Beauty and the Beast Show over at MGM after September 20th, 2008.

It's confirmed on their MySpace website (return20) as well as a few other spots around the net.

Discuss!

RedSoxFan
08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh No. DH will be so upset when I tell him this news. He was so looking forward to seeing them a few times during our upcoming trip.

Bethis26fan
08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I wonder if they got a better offer.

Rodders
08-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I can't believe this :confused:

I'm really disappointed to hear the news. I wonder what will take their place?

I have just contacted Disney to express my disappointment.

GrumpyFan
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
While it will be sad to see them go, I can't say that I'm really surprised. I enjoy their show, and have all of their Return2Zero CDs, but I think their style and the content has become somewhat dated. Oh well, at least I can listen to them on my iPod.

DAKustodial
08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
From their words on their MySpace page and their own website, it doesn't look like their leaving is in any way their idea.

It's a shame that Disney isn't keeping them around. For me, they are the only reason that I even venture into the Beauty and the Beast Show on my trips these days. Looks like my October trip will be my first one ever without seeing these guys.

I just wrote to Disney to express my disappointment. I know it won't do anything, I just wanted them to know that some of us will be very sad to see them go.

BMan62
08-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I have yet to see them, so I guess a trip to see Beauty and the Beast is in order for our Sept. trip!

Beach Club Babe
08-20-2008, 10:54 AM
I am so disappointed as will be my whole family! At least I got to see them one last time! I don't know that I could ever go back to see Beauty & The Beast knowing they won't be there!

big blue and hairy
09-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder, and this is pure conjecture because another post I read, is Four For A Dollar going away, or is WDW going to replace Return 2 Zero with someone else. That is the reason that Disney has their own name for the group, so they can replace people if necessary and keep the name.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of this, Return 2 Zero is great, but maybe they couldn't come to an agreement on price so Disney is hiring someone else.

:sulley:

wilshade
09-06-2008, 03:08 AM
The loss of Four for a Dollar is greatly disappointing. Adventurers' Club is going away and now, it seems, a lot of the small touches which we all appreciate, are going as well.

I am getting pretty tired of all the cuts.

DizneyRox
09-06-2008, 09:17 AM
You ain't the only one!

tnpoohbear
09-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I love them - and they will not be there for our February trip! They did have a CD in the giftshop right next to the B&B area. I got it last time and have enjoyed it alot!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

As always on these boards people focus on the so called "cuts" and not on the "additions" like Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest, HSM, etc. etc. NOt to mention over the years, MK then EPCOT was added, and then DHS (MGM) and the AK and new restaurants in DTD and there will be different things in PI.

Its just change folks nothing more and changes like that started the day after Disneyland opened in the the 50's. I'd rather they change things than let the parks get completely stale. Four for a Dollar had a long run and its always better to remove an act before it gets so stale people hate it. Same principle why TV series try to go out before they fully decline.

Just change folks and that's a good thing compared to the alternative, never changing and we all get bored.

big blue and hairy
09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
As always on these boards people focus on the so called "cuts" and not on the "additions" like Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest, HSM, etc.
Not always, but I agree with you in principle. A lot of good things happen at WDW and people do talk about them and get excited about them, but the emotion runs higher when something goes away, especially something that was popular.

I'm surprised no one responded to my comment about possibly replacing Return 2 Zero with someone else as Four For a Dollar.

I also read something about Beauty and the Beast moving somewhere else and the theater being enclosed in for a different show. This also could have something to do with the change.

Polynesian Dweller
09-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Not always, but I agree with you in principle. A lot of good things happen at WDW and people do talk about them and get excited about them, but the emotion runs higher when something goes away, especially something that was popular.

I'm surprised no one responded to my comment about possibly replacing Return 2 Zero with someone else as Four For a Dollar.

I also read something about Beauty and the Beast moving somewhere else and the theater being enclosed in for a different show. This also could have something to do with the change.

Always was a bit strong I admit but it seems like that during these kinds of discussions people forget the positives that happen.

Went back and read your post about another group using the same name. Interesting, didn't realize they did that. It certainly lets Disney keep an upper hand in contract negotiations and that's something any business would do. Could happen but I think your other comment about the show moving may be the explanation.

g8rgirl29
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
We just returned and got to see Return Zero/ Four for a Dollar twice, once on their last day!! :( It was very sad!!! I remember seeing them the first time in the early 90's!! They had many well deserved standing ovations on their last day!! I will miss seeing these guys, they have always been on my "Must See" list at Disney!! We heard from a cast member that there are 27 acts being cut. Also heard that they are planning on cutting the Character portion of Liberty Tree Inn at MK, however our waiter told us there has been some major complaints from customers and it is being reconsidered. Who knows!!

GrumpyFan
09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
So, I'm curious. Is there any kind of pre-show whatsoever at B&TB now? Or, is it just soft music until showtime?

poeticeclipse
09-25-2008, 01:56 PM
So, I'm curious. Is there any kind of pre-show whatsoever at B&TB now? Or, is it just soft music until showtime?

When I was there, last Thursday (9/18), two CMs told me that nothing was planned and they knew nothing. They were quite serious when they said that if enough people complained to Guest Relations something MAY change. Seemed like a lot of CMs were shaken up by it.

On the shows that Return 2 Zero didn't perform, a CM just introduces the show with a mic at the front of the stage. Nothing exciting.

Suz36
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Does anyone have an email address for Disney for us to express our opinions on these issues?

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Does anyone have an email address for Disney for us to express our opinions on these issues?

Although I understand people's passions (and its great that these exist), don't expect anything except a standard thank you for your concerns. The decision to drop the group won't have been taken with consideration of the business needs of the company and the impacts of a reaction to the removal from the fans. Every time they change something there is a group that is unhappy, they expect that so won't be surprised or influenced by the unhappiness. I'd really say that its really not worth the effort.

DizneyRox
10-02-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd really say that its really not worth the effort.
Wha? You don't think another online petition will help? Blasphemy! :D

jrpersinger
10-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Not for sure if I can post the details here, but there MySpace has a interesting blog... its should atleast keep those in, or will be in, the Orlando area happy!

HINT:
:whale: :shark: :fishbowl: :dolphin: