PDA

View Full Version : Another Stroller Question????

MelXThree
08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I am not sure what kind of stoller to bring with me on our first WDW vacation. I have three boys ages (at the time we travel) 5, 2 & 2. At home I use a double stroller and was thinking about taking it because they are use to it, it reclines and there is lots of room to bring all the "stuff" we'll need. BUT I have been re-thinking this...taking a big stroller on the bus with three kids will not be easy. Also my 5 year old hasn't used a stroller in 3 years but I know the WDW is going to wear him out so I was thinking of taking two unbrella stoller's - one with a buggy board??? My only issue with that is, the unbrella strollers don't recline :confused: Thanks for any advice :mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-19-2008, 02:14 AM
I would take the double stroller. Pack light cause taking stuff out of the basket for the bus is what kills me and use boats if you can cause you can usually leave the stroller up on the boats, except for the small ones. As far as the older child, bring an umbrella. That baby will need a ride, too. If you want to spend the money you can get a rental and there will be room for the 5 yr old to "hitch" a ride on the front when she needs to. I was suprised how well our kids slept in the rentals. We look at them and think they are uncomfortable but I think kids can sleep anywhere when they are as tired as DW makes them. I love taking my own stroller, personally. I feel my kids need it in the resorts, there is a lot of walking to do there, as well as in the parks and if you rent then you are kind of lost once you get out of the parks.

Flower
08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
We have used our double stroller for 2 now and I would not have it any other way! My kids were 15 months & almost 4 at the time.

The stroller was great at the airport and we were able to check it at the gate, so we had it as soon as we got off the plane. We used it when we arrived in Orlando at the airport and as soon as we arrived at the resort - for those reasons I recommend taking your own instead of renting, plus, with 3 kids you will always know where 2 of them are!

I will admit it was a bit of a pain on the bus, but not really more so than a regular-sized stroller.

The thing I like about the double is that you only need one person to push and it pushes with ease. If you go with 2 umbrellas you will need to people to push, unless you get the joiner-thingy.

thumperbug
08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Bring you own Double stroller and then an umbrella stroller. All the reasons you mentioned for bringing your own are the only reason you need to bring it. The kids (and parents are used to it), you don't have to pay for a rental stroller and you have the stroller to use outside the park.

We always see lots of dble strollers on the bus.

KAT1811
08-20-2008, 01:39 PM
:congrats: on your first WDW trip!!!

Another vote for bringing your own stroller! As a pregnant mother of soon to be 4 I highly recommed bringing the couble. We have taken ours and will be taking it again in November with our girls [11, 2, & 4 (the 2 & 4 year ols will be celebrating those birthdays while we are in WDW)]. They are so much more comfortable in their own stroller and the recline is so important for when they pass out for a nap or at night when they have had enough. The best part is having to only worry about 1 stroller. If you bring 2 they could be separated at the rides. The attendants may not know that both strollers belong together and then you'll be hunting for both instead of one. Another great thing is if the little ones are sleeping and you or DH want to take your oldest on a few rides the other can manage the double alone but fighting two strollers in WDW crowds will not be fun alone. Another plus is that if you want to go back to the resort and nap the little ones you will be able to do so by yourself while DH and your oldest still stay in the parks and play. Another bit of advice regarding transportation (in addition to taking the boat to the MK), take the monerail to Epcot. You can take the baot to the MK, then take the monerail over to Epcot. It may take a bit longer but you can pack up the stroller and not have to worry about unpacking it and repacking it while you get on and off the bus. Both the monerail and the boat will allow you to leave the children in the stroller while riding. One last thing, like a PP said try to consolidate your "stuff" and keep it simple, pulling one bag out of the stroller will be much easier than juggling a ton of "stuff" plus half of whatever you pack you won't use anyway (Murphy's Law).

P.S - We take stroller fans to cool the children off while they are sleeping (or just riding around on hot days) They are great and just clip right on.

Have fun!!!

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I say bring your own stroller. If lugging it around on the bus become cumbersome, you could always rent one as you enter a park. Whether you use your own stroller or not, you'll have more options if the need should arise.

MelXThree
08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the advice, I think I will be taking my own stroller and hoping that the buses won't be as bad as I have heard :mickey:

Lizzie
08-20-2008, 10:49 PM
I also say bring your double. Just look at the amount of time you spend in the parks compared to the bus. Just be careful what you pack in it getting on and off the bus. We always packed everything we needed in some kind of bag for getting on and off.

Also if your worried about crowds just wait for the next bus. I think it just gets hectic at night when you are there for park closing and if we thought the bus was too crowded we would pass and than be first in line for the next one.