PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with 6 days?

jeddalynn
08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok, I have this dream of taking my family to WDW. I know that this is sort of wishful thinking on my part, but when I feel blue, I like to plan what we'd do on a trip. But there are worse things to do when you feel down, eh? :) This is definitely something they'd never be able to afford on their own. I really believe that with prayer and pixie dust, I'm going to take them one day :pixie:

So lets say say you have 6 days to spend in the parks and 8 people to please, ranging in age from 11 to 50. How would you divide up your time?

jonahbear2006
08-19-2008, 02:07 AM
3 days in the parks, planned and organized and then 3 days unplanned and left open for swimming, golfing, shopping, tasting new foods, and playing. Sounds like what we are gonna do. I love WDW food so we would visit resorts and eat food.

Janmac
08-19-2008, 11:57 AM
I know what I'd do because we were able to visit WDW with extended family, so keep dreaming and planning! :thumbsup:

We visited in December the first time and since then have visited in January and June as well. Our first trip we had from 2 years old to 58 years old.

We've tried a couple of different touring ideas and our favorite is spending the morning together at a park - either Magic Kingdom, Disney Studios, or Animal Kingdom. We do half a park and leave about noon. We do two mornings in each park. Sometimes we lunch at the park, sometimes at a nearby resort.

We head back to our resort for separate time. Some family members have done the fishing excursion, water skiing, horseback riding, as well as just swimming, napping or watching a football game on tv.

We always go together to Epcot for supper. We visit a Future World attraction and a couple of World Showcase attractions each evening. Sometimes we eat all together (Germany or Morocco) and sometimes we split up and the kids eat with grandparents and the parents get some adult time (Japan is good for this).

This is the six day trip. With 7 or 8 days we might add a water park and a Downtown Disney/mini-golf day.

I think one of our favorite things to do is character breakfasts. We used to do 3 sit down (table service) meals a day but with the dining plan, our last couple of trips we've done counter service for lunch. We've always had dining reservations - almost a must with a large group.

We discuss what everyone wants to see before we go, using a couple of guidebooks for reference. We don't try to do everything, just the most favorites. I make a daily schedule so everyone knows what park we're visiting and where we're eating. One of the kids usually hands the schedule around. One of the funniest things is the men handing their schedules to their wives and then barely 10 minutes later, asking, what are we doing next?

Good luck!

Jan

MuchLovedMama
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, if you're going when the waterparks are open this is what I'd do:

2 days MK
1 day Epcot
1 day AK
1 day HS
1 day water park

If it's not a good time for water parks I'd go to Universal Studios for a day or return to your favorite park.

Also, if you don't really need 2 days at MK then maybe use one of those for Universal.

I would go to DTD on a day after AK or a water park.

Have fun dreaming/planning. :thumbsup:

bkfree
08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Here is my 6 day plan.

1day MK
1day DHS
1day Epcot
1/2 day AK and other 1/2 DTD
Day 5 ,let everyone plan where they want to go back and redo rides or catch ones they missed, this may require splitting up in 2 or 3 groups and that is fine.
Day 6- Decide as a group what you want to do.

I would be sure and get Park Hopper tickets, plan several ADR's at WS and relax and have fun.

Our first 2 trips were 5 days and we managed to do and see it all and go back and revisit favs.
Our upcoming trip in Dec will be 8 days and I am so looking forward to the ones where we will play it by ear, after visiting the 4 parks the first 4 days.

BeccaO
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
One day in each of the 4 parks, then let them choose what to do for the remaining 2 days!!

GrumpyFan
08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Hmm, good question and interesting comments from everybody. I always enjoy helping people plan their trips.

Here's my idea:

Day 1 - Epcot - Future World only - save World Showcase for later. Have a nice dinner somewhere outside the park, like maybe your hotel.
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom maybe with a mid-day break at one of the nearby resorts, or back at your hotel then come back for the evening and fireworks
Day 3 - Water Park if the weather permits. If not, then sleep in and go to Epcot for the day, doing all of World Showcase and re-doing any of Future World you may have missed. If you did the water park in the first part of the day, then rest for the afternoon, and do Epcot World Showcase in the evening and stay for dinner and Illuminations.
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom - maybe nothing for the evening except swimming and relaxing at your hotel or if you have the energy, go to DTD for the evening.
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios with dinner at the park and maybe Fantasmic if everybody is up for it.
Day 6 - MK or where everybody else decided.