PDA

View Full Version : Club level at the Yacht Club

RALPH
08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Well, I turn on my computer to monitor TS Faye for our Wed departure and I see an e mail confirmation from WDW. I asked my wife what was this for?

We open it up and it looks like WDW has given us a magical moment and upgraded us to a club level room with a garden view!:D:D:D:D

Wow!!!!!!!!!! We have stayed at the BC years ago on an upgrade (I could never afford this) and it was nice. Any info on YC club level ? This is our first ever time staying at the YC!

GO AWAY FAYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixie dust for those traveling in or out Tues!

Jen C.
08-18-2008, 08:54 PM
How exciting Ralph! :party: :thumbsup: :number1:

Sorry I can't help with the YC concierge info, :blush: but I just wanted to say congrats on the upgrade!

DumboMom
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
This what I heard about the concierge level.

concierge guests have private key-card access to the 5th floor and its host of concierge services. These services include private check-in and check-out, and exclusive access to the concierge staff, who can help you with dining reservations, or perhaps help plan your day in the park. There is a concierge lounge where complimentary snacks and beverages are served throughout the day, and Disney videos are shown each afternoon. From 7am-10:30am, continental breakfast is served. From 11:30am-3pm, snacks and beverages abound. From 3pm-4:30pm it's tea time. From 5pm-7pm, a delicious selection of wine and cheeses are served. From 8pm-10pm, cordials and desserts are served.:mickey:

Enjoy! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-19-2008, 12:45 AM
I've stayed on the club level at the YC and DumboMom was fairly accurate in her description. There is no afternoon tea there, that's exclusive to the GF and AKL. Also, there's beer now in addition to the wine. Under the credenza where they put the juices and water, there's a hidden fridge. During the day, you'll find sodas there and in the evenings, they'll have beer as well.

From 6:30am-7:00am,they do have coffee and tea setup outside the lounge for early risers. Then the lounge opens from 7am-10:30am with continental breakfast items like bagels, fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, muffins and donuts. It reopens from 11am-4pm with bowls of nuts, pretzels, popcorn, pudding cups and maybe a few other snack type items. From 5pm-7pm, it opens again with beer, wine, cheese & crackers, veggies, usually some type of hot soup and another appetizer which varies each night. Finally, from 8-10pm, the lounge will be open with an assortment of cordials and some trays of mini desserts. At 10pm the lounge closes until 7am the next morning. If you do happen to show up during the day and the lounge is closed, just ask a CM and they'll be able to go in and get you a cold drink, coffee, tea or hot chocolate. The lounge is very small by comparison to some of the other resorts, so seating can be hard to come by at times. There is a small balcony that overlooks the parking lot, which offers a few extra seats.

I think you'll find it nice and it's an extra bonus that you're getting a magical upgrade. It's not a resort where I'd spend the extra money again to stay on that level, but that's just my opinion.

If you have any specific questions, please ask away.

jonahbear2006
08-19-2008, 02:02 AM
this is fantastic! What a lovely suprise! Congratulations!!!! I am really happy for you! You will get to live like royalty! I really want this to happen to us, but as dh says, we have horible luck and that stuff never happens to us. We are celebrating 2 birthdays and our wedding anniversary there in Sept. Is it possible to ask for an upgrade to suprise DH or does that not get you anywhere?

TammiMcMan
08-19-2008, 02:10 AM
Is it possible to ask for an upgrade to suprise DH or does that not get you anywhere?Based on conversations with CM's, nothing turns them off more than someone coming right out and asking for a free upgrade. In most situations, it's something that's decided before you even get there. You can try noting all the special celebrations on your reservation and even follow up with a fax 4 days before you arrive. There's just no way to know if you're going to be one of the lucky ones. Sometimes we get the pixie dust when it's least expected and sometimes we have to make it happen for ourselves. I'm sure whatever happens, it will be very magical to have everyone together celebrating your milestones. Congrats..... our anniversary is also in September and this year will be number 25. Boy, I'd love a trip to Disney, but that just isn't in the cards for us anytime soon :( .

jonahbear2006
08-19-2008, 02:41 AM
Wow, number 25!! fantastic. It is our 9th anniversary on the 9th, we got married 9-9-99 cause we started dating on 9-9-96. This was planned that we would spend our 9th anniversary in Disney together, originally without the kids but decided how dare we go when one is turning 2 and the other is turning 8, so they are coming along. Oh, I didn't WANT to ask, that sounds bad, I know. Scary, as well. I can hope, if not, maybe next time. I am still very excited though for the family that got this. Disney truly is the best place on Earth!

RALPH
08-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks guys for the info. It was a pleasant surprise for my wife and I, since I have been dealing with some serious health issues of late.

As for who gets these upgrades, I think the room assigners look for good customers, first timers, etc. We are in our 13th trip to wdw. If they pull up our list of ADR's and examine our spending (which I am told they can) they can see we spend a lot of money with them. I guess they try to reward guests such as this when they can. My guess, no facts to back this up.