PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon boats?

KAJUNKING
08-18-2008, 08:15 PM
how many people are allowed on the rental pontoon boats, never rented boats before while in the world but this trip we will be staying @ por and i thought this would be a great opportunity to rent one and go cruising around, also how far is downtown Disney by boat? thanks in advance for any help :mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-19-2008, 01:05 AM
The pontoon boats seat 10. If you are going to drive out towards DTD and along SSR, I would probably plan on renting it for an hour ($42/hour plus tax). You never know what kind of traffic you'll encounter from the resort ferries and I think 30 minutes would not give you any time to enjoy the ride.

jonahbear2006
08-19-2008, 01:52 AM
I thought about doing this but I am not sure how safe this is with all of our little children. Anyone taken babies and small children on the pontoon boats before?

TammiMcMan
08-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Anyone under 16 is required to wear a life jacket. That being said, when you're seated, the railings aren't very high. I don't have any that little anymore, but I'd probably keep one arm on him/her the entire time.

disneyfan328
08-19-2008, 09:03 AM
We rented one last year when we were there. We stayed at POR, but decided to rent one at the contemporary after our chef mickey bkfst. my ds was 5 and dd 7 they both wore life jackets and we really enjoyed it. You can't really go that fast in them and some of the rides and views were really nice.

one note - you can't even let children under 16 in your lap to help "drive" the boat. We were scolded for this by the patrol boat. ( they just wanted to sit with daddy and "help" he wasn't really letting them drive ) anyway its a no go regardless.

we had a coupon for a 1/2 hour free if we rented an hour so it was well worth it.

TheDuckRocks
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
we had a coupon for a 1/2 hour free if we rented an hour so it was well worth it.

Was this the one for the Sea Racers and did they let you use it for the pontoon boat?

The pontoon boats seat 10.

When we were at POR I thought I noticed that they had them in 2 different sizes. The 10 seater and then something smaller. Or is old age just creeping up again?

KAJUNKING
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
If you are going to drive out towards DTD and along SSR,
what other options do i have from por?

ThanxForNoticin
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
what other options do i have from por?

There is also a branch that will take you to Old Key West Resort. I would also recommend an hour to really enjoy it and relax on the water.