PDA

View Full Version : fishing at dw

tpljmom
08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Has anyone done the fishing excursion?? Would like to try it, but need more info!

Beast_fanatic
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

I have not done one of the fishing excursions, but here's a previous post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121584) that discusses them that will hopefully help until someone else comes along with first hand experience.

spoiledraf
09-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I've been out of a few fishin trips at the world. In fact, it's one of the reasons I go. I've gone our from the contemporary and GF as well as the YBC. While you can use the shiners to fish with live bait, which is pretty much throw it out there and wait, I prefer, as would most experience fisherman, to use different lures. The guide will have a variety of hard and soft lures available. I always ask for the same guide, Missy, and we fish plastic worms til my arm falls off. My upcoming trip will be the first with my grand children so it will be more about them than me so we'll go back to live bait for them at least.

It's a great time and if you go from the YBC, you can get a totally different view from the water of the World showcase with the sun rising.

Prices are currently $230 for a two hour trip of up to five people or $405 for four hours. I always tip the guide $25 for the short trip and $50 for the four hour version. Dont know if thats high or low. if it's low, I'll trade jobs anytime. I'd love to be a fishin guide for a living! :)

I'd surely give it a shot. You always catch fish and like always, some days are better than others. you should go along to. It's a relaxing time just puttering around the lakes.