PDA

View Full Version : Private Home in Magic Kingdom

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I swear that I remember seeing a private home in one of the lands at MK...a fence was the only thing separating it from the park....my mom doesn't remember it and says it doesn't exist....am I imagining it or not.

Imagineer1981
08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
where you thinking of the old character homes before Toontown was revamped? I remember they had like Mickeys house and stuff but some of them you couldn't go in? Only thing I could think of, but no one lives in MK...Disney built that entire area out of swamp land

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't remember where it was exactly, but it may have been in toontown (now I'm wondering if it wasn't in MK but DHS but I'm overthinking it now)....
It would have had to been there in 2003....I'm wondering if it is like an office or something and not a private home at all, but it looks just like someone's home not like Mickey or Minnie's house....there was a car parked outside too....

ILoveLegos
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Perhaps you are thinking of the backlot tour which included the facades of the Golden girl's House and the empty nest house next door plus other "home" exteriors like George of the Jungle's tree house?

MickeysEars
08-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Perhaps you are thinking of the backlot tour which included the facades of the Golden girl's House and the empty nest house next door plus other "home" exteriors like George of the Jungle's tree house?
This sounds more likely. I remember seeing these houses and the street looking like an average suburb. Man, I miss the backlot tour. That was what going to Universal was all about too, now even that park (Ca and FL) are just theme parks as opposed to working studios.
:sad:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I remember the Golden Girls home, but I'm suspecting that empty nest home might be what I'm thinking about...was it white (wood or siding)?

Imagineer1981
08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
hmm...I think Empty Nest was grey but it had woodish siding.

tinklover
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I remember the Golden Girls home, but I'm suspecting that empty nest home might be what I'm thinking about...was it white (wood or siding)?

Here is a pic of the empty nest house is this what you saw? http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/Emptynest.jpg

sorry for posting the link this way but when i try to insert it it does not work for what ever reason .. it used to

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 04:06 PM
That's not it....I was really hoping it was so I could tell my mom I'm not crazy:blush: The house I'm thinking about was much smaller than that

Imagineer1981
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
maybe you had an awesome dream where you became queen of the magic kingdom and had a house in Fantasyland :)

joonyer
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
You can go to Live Search Maps and use the Bird's Eye view feature at either MK or DHS and cruise around and try to locate what you were seeing. There are lots of "behind the scenes" buildings, maybe you thought one of them looked like a house.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 06:43 PM
maybe you had an awesome dream where you became queen of the magic kingdom and had a house in Fantasyland :)

LOL, I'm starting to think I dreamt it too:blush: