PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic PKG/CP and Dining Plan

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I was reading one of my planning books, Passporter? and it said the Fantasmic PKG and Candlelight Processional take two dining credits....if I remember correctly when I booked I was told Hollywood and Vine Pkg only took one TS credit and The CP depends on what restaurant....we are eating at Biergarten...if I am wrong I need to change ADRs because it will be using two credits I hadn't planned on....anyone out there who can clarify?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Totally depends on your restaraunt. We did a Fantasmic package using the DDP at the Hollywood Brown Derby. We were told this would be counted as 2TS (we got lucky though - they only charged us one).

Last year we booked a Candlelight Processional package at LeCellier and it was only 1TS.

If you are booking CP without using the Dining Plan I know the costs are tiered to specific restaraunt levels, but Biergarten should only be a 1TS per person for Candlelight, assuming availablilty.

At least this was the way it was in 2007.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure I asked the CM about the fantasmic pkg and she confirmed it was only 1 credit....I booked the CP later on and do not remember confirming the credits on that one....it would seem to me that Biergarten being a buffet would only cost 1TS and that's what I'm hoping for

ljv1975
08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
:confused::confused: I'm sorry, but could someone tell me what the Candlelight Processional is? :blush: I'm out of the loop on this one!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Sure, it is the telling of the Christmas story by celebrety narrators at American Gardens Theatre in Epcot....it is told nightly (usually twice a night) in December. I don't remember exactly when it starts...you can attend with regular admission but seats are hard to come by...if you book a meal at one of the TS restaurants packages are available that give you guaranteed seating in certain areas so instead of waiting in line for a seat for 2 hours, you can show up 30 minutes ahead and get a seat.....

ljv1975
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Sure, it is the telling of the Christmas story by celebrety narrators at American Gardens Theatre in Epcot....it is told nightly (usually twice a night) in December. I don't remember exactly when it starts...you can attend with regular admission but seats are hard to come by...if you book a meal at one of the TS restaurants packages are available that give you guaranteed seating in certain areas so instead of waiting in line for a seat for 2 hours, you can show up 30 minutes ahead and get a seat.....

Thanks! It sounds wonderful. I'm hoping to go to Disney for Christmas sometime and maybe I'll get to see it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
It is wonderful and I forgot to tell you they have a great choir singing Christmas hymns as well...and they all hold candles

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
....it is told nightly (usually twice a night) in December....

Just a quick correction. There are 3 nightly performances of the Candlelight Processional and it maybe my single most favorite thing to see at Disney. They also sell a CD of the concert. I think they are still selling one with Phylicia Rashad as the guest narrator. We also have one with Lou Gossett.

The CP is the narrative retelling of the Christmas story entwined with Vocal performances of the Chrismtas standards as sung by the Voices of Liberty, the Disney choir and guest choirs. It's a must see at least once.