PDA

View Full Version : Full Hook-Ups vs Premium sites

pd
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
What are the differences in sites and are there any sites you recommend?

mdhiggin
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Haven't stayed in awhile since we sold our motorhome, but, if memory serves, the pricier spots were like the preferred rooms at Disney hotels, closer to the action. We stayed in one of them one time and could walk to the main bus stop and the restaurant from our spot. If you've stayed there before, you know that a lot of the spots you have to walk to a bus stop to take a bus to get to the main bus stop. It's pretty spread out. So they have an internal bussing system at FW.

thatchick
09-07-2008, 12:23 PM
What are the differences in sites and are there any sites you recommend?

Preferred vs Premium

Premium is a bit larger than the preferred spot.
FW is still adding premium locations. The price difference is about $15 per night.

COPY AND PASTED FROM THE DISNEYWORLD.COM
Premium campsites feature hookups for water, power, sewer, cable and Internet access. (Additional charges apply for Internet access.) These secluded, big-rig-friendly accommodations are only steps away from Disney magic and provide all the room and amenities RVers are looking for, plus a little extraincluding a large level paved pad, upgraded picnic table and grill, as well as prime locations in the Resort. Nearby, you will find deluxe, air-conditioned Comfort Stations with restrooms, private showers, ice dispensers, laundry facilities and pay phones. If you are bringing your pets, be sure to request a pet-friendly campsite.

Preferred Campsites feature power, water, sewer, cable and Internet access (Additional charges apply for Internet access). These secluded, lush accomodations are private, back-in sites, and feature a level paved pad, Coquina rock bed, picnic table and charcoal grill, plus all the magic of Disney just steps outside your front door. Nearby, you will find deluxe, air-conditioned Comfort Stations with restrooms, private showers, ice dispensers, laundry facilities and pay phones. If you are bringing your pets, be sure to request a pet-friendly campsite.

medic9016
09-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Currently there are no premium sites completed. The premium sites will extended with concrete were the sand pad currently is. They will also be extended width wise.
If you don't need the site for your size RV, I would not waste the extra money.

mickey98
09-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Premium site construction is not slated to begin until the first of the year.. Then it will be a slow process converting each loop.. The process is extremely behind schedule.. Corporate is not sure if it will be completed by the end of 2009..

Disneyfamilyof3
09-07-2008, 11:52 PM
We camped at both last April in our 36 foot fifth wheel. I honestly couldn't tell the difference; except that the more expensive one offered internet for a fee, and it was closer to the Trail's End area and Marina. I will opt for just full hook up next time; since paying for internet after paying more for a premium site bothers me.

medic9016
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Premium site construction is not slated to begin until the first of the year.. Then it will be a slow process converting each loop.. The process is extremely behind schedule.. Corporate is not sure if it will be completed by the end of 2009..

Construction started in July. The reservation system has already started booking them for Oct of this year. This schedule is already behind, from what I have been following on other reports.

The conversion schedule is as follows:
(Schedule subject to change without notice)

Loop 900 – closed 7/08 to 7/25 – reopens 7/26/08.
Loop 1000 – closed 7/27 to 8/08 – reopens 8/09/08.
Loop 1100 – closed 8/10 to 8/22 – reopens 8/23/08.
Loop 500 – closed 8/24 to 9/21 – reopens 9/22/08.
Loop 800 – closed 9/22 to 11/01 – reopens 11/02/08.
Loop 400 – closed 11/03 to 11/21 – reopens 11/22/08.
Loop 600 – closed 11/30 to 12/19 – reopens 12/20/08.
Loop 1300 – closed 1/4 to 1/23 – reopens 1/24/09.
Loop 1200 – closed 1/25 to 2/06 – reopens 2/07/09.
Loop 1400 – closed 2/08 to 2/13 – reopens 2/14/09.
Loop 700 – closed 3/15 to 4/03 – reopens 4/04/09.

The most frequently requested locations, loops 100, 200, and 300 will not be converted to Premium campsites due to environmental limitations. Since they cannot be made any larger, campsites in these three loops will remain as Preferred. Also for similar reasons, loops 1600, 1700, 1800, and 1900 will be reclassified as Preferred. All sites will include cable and offer high-speed Internet access for an addition daily fee. Picnic tables and grills will remain as they are now.

As the sites are converted, pet loops will be re-designated as Loops: 300, 1600, and 1800.

The addition of cable TV and Internet will not require any down time but completion dates are as follows:

Loop 100 – Already completed
Loop 200 – Already completed
Loop 300 – Already completed
Loop 1900 – completed by 7/04/08
Loop 1800 – completed by 7/25/08
Loop 1700 – completed by 9/19/08
Loop 1600 – completed by 10/31/08

mickey98
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Construction started in July. The reservation system has already started booking them for Oct of this year. This schedule is already behind, from what I have been following on other reports.

We were there on August 23, 2008.. There premium site conversion HAS NOT begun.. Contrary to what you have read on other reports the premiun site conversion will not begin until the first of the year. I also spoke to the G.M of F.W. and this was also confirmed to be true. Central reservations has not begun to book any premium sites. we have reservations for Nov 08 and premiun sites are not open for reservations. the 1100 loop was suppose to reopen August 23, 2008. We walked thru the loop and nothing has been done.. Hopefully the conversion will get back on schedule and get completed as soon as possible, but for now we will all have to continue to stay in preferred sites for the time being....

medic9016
09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I just saw picture yesterday that were taken last week of some of the completed premium sites in the 500 loop. So I have to disagree that construction has not started.
I also have a confirmed reservation for a premium site over the week of Christmas.

MIckey98 check your PM.

vetboy
09-10-2008, 01:28 PM
We also have a premium site booked for the Christmas holidays so I can only assume some are ready or soon to be.

Joe

Mmketeer
11-08-2008, 09:23 PM
The 500 Loop was being finished when we were staying in our favorite Loop 800 back on Labor Day (all the extended concrete pads were completed). The 800 loop has now been completed as well and along with the extended concrete area their is now a larger new picnic table with four benchs instead of the normal two and a brand new grill with a lid. :)

The difference for me is I love loop 800, so since it's now considered a premium site I'll be paying the new rate to be able to stay in that loop. I could personally careless for the extended concrete (that's actually more of a hassel for me, cause' their won't be as much room to stick my Christmas decorations into the ground etc.) and it's just DH and I and our two Boston Terrier's camping, so I don't need a bigger picnic table either. It's just something havier I'll have to move around now.

I'll let you know how it goes when we camp there with our 5th wheel Thanksgiving week. :)