PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music suites

Minniefan68
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey all you Disney experts,

We are going back and forth trying to decide where to stay next year. We are a family of 6 so our options are limited. Wilderness Cabins look great, but kinda far removed from the action. We've done the vacation villas 3 years in a row and that's getting expensive.

What about the suites at All Star Music?

What are they like? The room, the views, the spaciousness?

Thanks.
Cheryl

disneyfan328
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
While I haven't personally stayed in one, I have been doing some checking into these myself. For starters there are (I believe) pictures on intercot under info central.

As far as the rooms go the suites have 2 rooms a bedroom with bed ( queen size?) and a bathroom and then there is a living room area with a couch and chair with ottoman. The couch turns into a bed that sleeps 2 and the chair and otoman both convert to single beds. There is also a bathroom and small kitchenette off the "living" area. These suites are also in the calypso and jazz bldgs which means that they are closest to the guitar pool and front area where the food court and buses are. They do seem to be nice rooms and the two bathrooms is definetly a plus along with being close to the front. Hope this helps you out.

Strmchsr
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
All of the stats and pics are here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmusic/default.asp)in the resorts section.

The one draw back to the suites is that they are not discountable, so it's often cheaper to get 2 connecting rooms with a discount than 1 suite. It just depends on the time of year you're going.

Lizzie
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
We stayed there last year. It was us and our twin daughters who were both in pack and plays. We loved it but our family is smaller so we had more room.

But the room was great the bathrooms were good sized. The kitchenetee was great.

We really enjoyed the location. Close to the pool and superclose to the food court and bus stop. We enjoy the resort. Pool may be always busy but a lot of fun. They always had a cartoon playing at night for you to watch while you were swimming. And our room faced the parking lot and was on the bottom floor. We never heard anything.

I would recommend it to anyone. Though its a suite so I think it doesn't qualify for a lot of the discount codes. We just happened to get a lucky upgrade.

Minniefan68
08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
True about the discounts, but having the kitchenette is something we'd really want. Nice to eat a quick breakfast in the room or a late night snack. :mickey:

DisneyGrrrl
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
We stayed there in May and we really enjoyed it. However, it was DH, DD (18 months at the time), DMIL and me. I don't think I would want 6 people in that room, spacious as it is.

But - if you will be doing the parks most of the time and not really in the room except to sleep - go for it.

I will say, I LOVED having two bathrooms, which you can't almost anywhere else.

disneyfan328
08-18-2008, 04:14 PM
All of the stats and pics are here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmusic/default.asp)in the resorts section.

The one draw back to the suites is that they are not discountable, so it's often cheaper to get 2 connecting rooms with a discount than 1 suite. It just depends on the time of year you're going.

I am confused. I have been reading many posts (and posted some questions myself) about the Suites and remember reading a post that stated that they suites ARE now eligible for discounts. I found the post but don't know how to link it to this thread. Can somone confirm if they ARE or ARE NOT eligible for discounts.

The Joker
10-20-2008, 08:04 AM
They ARE eligable for discounts. We have booked 3 weeks with free dining next year September.

Insanity Clause
10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
This year me and DH are taking ONLY our three eldest kids but we are planning on coming down again in Decemeber of 2010 and the most economical way was to have adjoining rooms at the valus...We are a family of 7 so price is a major issue otherwise I would stay in the AK villas.

mainemajor
10-20-2008, 05:55 PM
We stayed there last year with 5 adults and there was enough room. Another feature that we liked was that there were two in room safes. with two DW and I had one and DS's (20's)and friend had the other.
We were in the Jazz section and it was just a short hop to the food court and to the busses. We were also between two pools, we opted for the quiet one.
We enjoyed the kitchenette for late night snacks and the fridge.

lighteningqueen
10-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Couldn't say enough about this place. We loved it so much we are staying again this Dec. Even if it were only my husband and I we would book the suites just for the room alone and that seperate living room from the bedroom. Makes it so nice to come in and not have to flop on a bed to talk or go about the next days plan.... 2 of everything is the best... We even were facing the pool and it was very quiet. This was the first week of Dec last year when pop warner was supposed to be there ..

teambricker04
10-21-2008, 07:37 PM
We have stayed at both the ASMu Suites and FW. We like both of them, but for different reasons.

With more people we like the suites better because of the bathroom situation.

If we aren't planning on being in the room for naps, etc. We like the suites.

FW isn't as far removed as you would think, but it is big and you have to take a bus internally to get around. There are TONs of things to do like the campefire/movie, HoopdeDoo revue, crocketts, horseback riding, petting zoo, segway tours, etc.