PDA

View Full Version : cruise mousekeepers

sorcerer fan
08-18-2008, 09:38 AM
on a cruise, do you tip the mousekeepers like you do at the world and if you do , how much do you tip?

JerseyDad
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
...it's not exactly like it is at WDW. There is a "suggested" minimum for tipping, including for the mousekeeping person [stateroom host(ess)]. The tipping is done at the end of the cruise, and envelopes are provided to you for this purpose. The suggested sums are quite reasonable for the great service that you'll get (at least we did). Below is a chart (sort of...best I could do) that gives the suggested amounts to tip each of the main "cast members" you'll deal with on the cruise. The amounts shown are PER PERSON in your cabin....including children:

Position..........................3 day / 4 day / 7 day / 10 day

Resturant Server.............$11.00 / $14.75 / $25.75 / $37.00
Resturant Assistant Server...$8.00 / $10.75 / $18.75 / $27.00
Head Server.....................$2.75 / $3.75 / $6.50 / $9.50
Stateroom Host(ess).........$10.75 / $14.50 / $25.25 / $36.25

....we increased the over-all housekeeping tip since the service was great. Obviously, the final tip is at your discretion, and the amounts shown are just suggested minimums.

...hope this helps.

WonderlandsMostWanted
08-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Wow, thank's for posting that information! That really helps me in planning, I hope it helps the OP also :)

DisneyWhirled
08-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for clearing up the mousekeeping = stateroom host(ess). I didn't know they were one and the same. By reading this post, I just saved a few bucks!! :)

TammiMcMan
08-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks for clearing up the mousekeeping = stateroom host(ess). I didn't know they were one and the same.It's so different than what you'd see in a hotel setting. You'll have an assigned stateroom host/hostess throughout your cruise. Basically, they are there for you every day, throughout the day. They'll make your beds, tucking up any daybeds or pull down berths that you might be using, clean, replenish towels, toiletries, ice buckets, etc. They may even stop by during the day to see if there's anything you need. In the evening, they'll be back to setup and turn down all your beds, create adorable towel animals and again, replenish anything you might have used since they were last there.

Their service is outstanding and although some people are surprised when they do the math and see that a family of 4 on a 7 night cruise is recommended to give a $100 tip, by the end of that cruise, many are adding to that amount.

sorcerer fan
08-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the info, it really helped. Quite different from the world. now we know for the next weeks trip.