PDA

View Full Version : nervous last mintue pre-trip report

mrs.jacksparrow
08-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi fellow intercot people!!!! :mickey:

I booked this trip a few weeks ago it has changed several times since then, added an extra day, changed resorts, changed restaurants. We are now just 16 days away from leaving!!!! :thumbsup: any comments on my plans would be great!!!! It is just me 43 and my DS 6 that will be going. I work full time and will be working the day before we leave and the day after we return.
Wed 9/3
Leave airport 7:20 AM. arrive 9:20.AM
ME to hotel. PORFQ
Check in, go to room if ready, unpack and head to the pool for a bit and
lunch at the CS place at hotel,
back to room and take boat to DTD DQ and Leggo world. (have a backpack with bathing suit just in case room not ready and change in the lobby bathroom)

Dinner at House of Blues 7:00

(not sure if We should go see Fantasmic at DHS it is the only night we would be able to see it while we are there I'm torn on this one)

Thursday 9/4
EMH morning MK be there for rope drop
Lunch 11:35 at CP with Tigger :thumbsup:
Take an afternoon break back to hotel and pool.
Back to MK for night parade and wishes.
CS at Peco Bills for dinner

Friday 9/5
Cs breakfast
TL Water Park be there at open
10:00 to 2:00.
Back to hotel change and head to MK for Halloween party
5:00 Liberty Tree dinner reservations
(A little worried about the busses here, is 3 hours enough to get from TL to PORFQ and back to MK for 5:00 ADR's)

Saturday 9/6
EPCOT all Day.
CS for lunch
Take a break for Mini golf at fantasia (take water boat to dolphon walk over to course)
Have ice cream over there to cool off after golf!
7:00 Le chef De france ADR
Watch fireworks

Sunday 9/7
Check out early. Check bags at desk
DHS all day.
1:00 50's prime time cafe ADR for lunch
Head back to hotel.
use up all left over snacks and take home
ME back to Airport 8:30 plane home.

I think it is pretty laid back since I have to work before and after I don't want to be too nuts. My biggest dilema is missing the Fantasmic show a hollywood studios and the all dayer at Epcot.

We are getting sooooo hooked on Disney it's nuts!!!! :thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup::mickey:

the other micki
08-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Looks super fun!!! :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to doing mini-golf and the lego store with my boys this April. About Fantasmic, I'm not sure you could get there in time with a 7:00 ADR in DTD... Someone may have another opinion on this. Fill us in when you get back!

mrs.jacksparrow
08-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Looks super fun!!! :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to doing mini-golf and the lego store with my boys this April. About Fantasmic, I'm not sure you could get there in time with a 7:00 ADR in DTD... Someone may have another opinion on this. Fill us in when you get back!

Thanks for your help!!!! Actually I was thinking of just cancelling or moving the reservations earlier. I just was thinking it was too much for one day with a 7:30 am flight will be up at 4:30 am....I just love that show soooo much. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-18-2008, 08:46 AM
I think your plans look great and I hope you two have a great time. I would just play that first day by ear. If you have the energy to get to Fantasmic!, then great, if not then you have a built in excuse to have to start planning a new trip. Sometimes that first day you are so energized at finally being there that you have super human strength. Whatever happens I am sure you will have a great mother/son trip. :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I would play it be ear for the Fantasmic show. If you guys aren't too tired then go for it. I don't blame you for not wanting to miss it. Good Luck and have a magical trip!

Lizzie
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Looks great. Have a good trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
We skipped Fantasmic last time and I regretted it.....are you sure you can't take the day off after your return...I always am physically exhausted the day after return....whatever you decide, have a fun trip:party:

mrs.jacksparrow
08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
We skipped Fantasmic last time and I regretted it.....are you sure you can't take the day off after your return...I always am physically exhausted the day after return....whatever you decide, have a fun trip:party:

Yes that is what I'm affraid of IT WAS MY FAVORITE thing :thumbsup: but this trip is for my son so I don't know. And no I work for the Federal Government and I won't have enough leave built up by then.

But thanks for your words and everyones words actually! :mickey: It does look like a really fun trip doesn't it. Packing ponchos and tums, advil and bandaids NOTHING is going to stop us now :party:

faline
08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Looks like you've gotten lots of fun packed into your trip! After a day at the water parks, will you be too tired for a late night at the party?

thejens
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I think I'd skip Fantasmic since you are also planning to be up the following morning. But who knows, you and your little one might be super energized. If you want to relax and recharge while you're at Epcot, instead of trekking over for mini golf you could let him play in the fountains between the world showcase and future world. We adults grabbed some iced coffee drinks (some grabbed beer) and then we sat and relaxed and watched the kids get soaking wet. Definitely bring a change of clothes and water proof shoes if you do this. The kids played for over an hour and it was very cute to see. I think your plan sounds great. We missed Fantasmic last trip too since everyone was exhausted. I do love this show, but I know there will be a next time. If you are doing this trip for your son, there will probably be some last minute adaptations. My kids will become fascinated with things I never anticipated and will fall sound asleep during a meal. No matter what, I hope you guys have a fabulous time.