PDA

View Full Version : rozas' pre-trip report

pawnpusher
08-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Well,
i'm finally posting on here. I think the excitement of leaving in 5 days has finally crept in. This is my first time to post, so i'll try to be brief. I've decided to post how i got here, and where i'm at, so that some of you can use it to your advantage, use some ideas, or correct the mistakes i will have made. ha. Been to disney more times than i can count. My wife and i, and my three year old son went to disney with my entire family (i've got seven brothers and sisters) last november. it was a short trip (4 days), but i used it as a scouting tool. Next week will be our and my first "trip" that i stay on property. i've been planning for over six months. Here is how it goes.

Friday (22nd) - fly out of new orleans, land in orlando airport, at 250pm.
we take the Magical Express to Animal kingdom lodge (savanna view). No real dinner plans that night, just going to play it by ear.

Saturday 23rd: Were going to hit Hollywood studios for extra magic hours in the morning, lunch at hollywood and vine (playhouse disney), and dinner at boardwalk's captain's grill.

Sunday: Animal Kingdom: Donald's safari breakfast at Animal kingdom and hopefully dinner at rainforest cafe at downtown disney that night.

Monday: We wake up and move to the polynesian. We have breakfast scheduled for whispering canyon. We plan on hitting one of the waterparks, but haven't decided which one. We have a friend of the family then flying up on monday to stay with us the remainder of the trip. That night, we have the hoop dee doo review.

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom. Breakfast at Park Fare, light lunch, and dinner at Crystal Palace.

Wed: Epcot
Breakfast at Ohana, Lunch at the Land, and dinner reservations at Narcoosee's for me and the wife.
My son and friend of the family are going to party!!

Thursday: Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours in the Morning
Wife doing Spa at Grand Floridian
Son and I headed to the park
Lunch at Liberty tree tavern and dinner at Rave

Friday: Back to Epcot
Breakfast at Cape May
Lunch at Japan (hibachi)
Dinner at San Angel Inn

Saturday: Open Day
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Dinner at Cinderella Castle

Sunday: Wake up, swim a bit and head back to Louisiana.

If you guys see anything that i really shouldn't do, please don't hesitate to charm in. As i go through this trip, i'll post notes to tell ya' how it actually went.

LuvsTigger80
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
sounds like a great trip. Have fun. as for water parks, my 2 year old really enjoyed typhoon lagoon (us grown ups too). :mickey:

cal5755
08-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned there. Have a super magical trip!!

ChipnDaleGal
08-18-2008, 09:13 AM
First things first... :welcome: to Intercot!! I am glad that you have decided to join our discussion boards and I hope you enjoy posting here! :thumbsup:

Now, on to the good stuff! Wow! What a nice trip you have planned. Two fabulous resorts and some very nice dining choices. Looks like you have a great time ahead of you. I hope you will share details of the fun with us when you return. Safe travels and I hope Friday comes quickly for you! :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Wow sounds like an amazing trip! All of your choices sound great! I loved the LTT. It was one of my favorite meals. The characters were great. I loved the costumes. I also liked eating at the Castle. We had lunch but the food was really really good. The princes were very good too- I believe the characters will be different at dinner- i'm sure someone here would be able to tell you better. Have a very magical trip!

Lizzie
08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Looks fun. Have a great trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a really fun trip....I was wondering if you went with the Deluxe Dining Plan

pawnpusher
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Yes,
We chose to do the deluxe just to have the options. Last year, we only did counter service meals and my wife wanted to have ample choice in each meal. Since we made it for free dining, we cut costs simply by upgrading. I'm sure we'll have more food than we need, but i planned on pulling out all the stops.

faline
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

You should be arriving at Disney almost any moment! Hope the trip is everything you want it to be! You clearly have created a wonderful plan!