PDA

View Full Version : No King rooms avail at POFQ, but...

WDW1208
08-17-2008, 10:05 PM
When I called and checked the website for room only there were King rooms available! So here is my question, do they release King rooms at the mods for the discounted packages at all? Should I keep checking? What are my chances of getting it closer to the dates, or on check in? They obviously have them available for my dates if I can book them as room only, just not on the MYW package.

Thanks!

CleveRocks
08-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Discounts and promotions aren't like coupons ... they aren't automatically redeemable.

WDW offers discount in order to sell more rooms. If a certain room category at a given resort is already selling well enough for the target dates, then they feel there is no need to discount those rooms. You only discount what you have a surplus of.

POFQ has very few king-size bed rooms ... only 60-something out of 1,008 rooms. If enough of them are already reserved for your travel dates, then when the occupancy rate reaches a certain secret target occupancy rate they will no longer offer those rooms at a discount. They can still be rented at full price, and they are confident that they will, in fact, sell at full price (otherwise, they'd offer the discount).

That's why there are no king-size bed rooms available with the package discount code yet you can still get one for full price with a room-only reservation.

You can keep trying, however. Go ahead and call back every day. It worked for me about 2 years ago. I had a standard room booked at POFQ for November 2006 ... and then a discount code was announced (much like just happened recently). I called up and was told the code wasn't available for POFQ but I could get the discount if I switched to POR. Well, as much as my wife and I had our hearts set on POFQ, it was a difference of something like $400, so we went for it and switched to POR. I called every day to see if POFQ (for my exact dates) was available with the discount code, and eventually it was!!! There must have been some cancellations which brought the actual occupancy rate for those dates below the super-secret target occupancy rate ... once not enough rooms were sold, they offered the discount again.

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Discounts and promotions aren't like coupons ... they aren't automatically redeemable.

WDW offers discount in order to sell more rooms. If a certain room category at a given resort is already selling well enough for the target dates, then they feel there is no need to discount those rooms. You only discount what you have a surplus of.

1) Correct.
2) This is the awy airlines discount their seats.
3) Example:
. . . you think you can sell 40 out of 100 "somethings"
. . . you discount the first 60 of them
. . . when 60 are sold, the other 40 are full price

dismommy
08-18-2008, 09:04 AM
The current Oct.-Dec discount is not available for POFQ is available if you switch to POR. I found out the hard way.

WDW1208
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Thank for the replies, I figured the reasoning behind the "no King rooms available was due to the low starting number of kings at POFQ and the fact that they can sell them for full price. If I can't get it switched prior, any chance they will allow me to do it once I get there if they have one open? I know chances of them having one are slim....

I am confused, I got the Oct- Dec MYW deal at POFQ, so when you say it is not avail with a discount do you mean room only discount? I got my package with air for Pop originally and when I upgraded to POFQ it only went up $336 over 6 nights ($56 a night). Did I not get a discount when I upgraded? HELP! Do I need to call and switch resorts?