PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Questions

AvonleaCF
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
On our last day we have an 8pm flight, so we plan on going to a park until we have to catch the Magical Express bus at 5pm or so. If we check into Magical Express after checking out of the resort, where do our bags go, and how we do know, for sure, that they go on the correct flight home with us?

We used Magical Express last year, but we had an early morning flight, so we just checked out and then went straight on the Magical Express bus.

I'm also getting rather worried about our bags arriving in our room upon arrival! I really don't want to have to go to baggage claim, but at the same time, it's hard to enjoy oneself and go straight to a park when you don't know if your bags are in your room or not!

Has anyone heard of any problems? (not counting ones made by the airlines).

Strmchsr
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Problems by DME are extremely rare and the only issue I've heard of is 1 or 2 cases of delivering to the wrong room, but they quickly corrected the issue. I really wouldn't worry about the bags. They'll be in the room.

As for your return flight, it depends on if your airline is a "participating" one or not. DME does not run the resort check-in. Checking them at the resort is just like checking them at the airport. If you're not using a participating airline then when you check out you can store your bags in the baggage area at the resort. When you come back from the park to catch your DME bus just be sure you get back early enough to pick up your bags then put then under the bus and check them at the airport.

Chris_Esq
08-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Relax... We stayed at W/L in September and had an excellent experience with M/E. We arrived early (9:30 on Delta) and checked in at W/L around 11:00. Our room was ready so after we checked in, we went to check it out. We then left for M/K. We returned around 5:30 and our bags were waiting in the room.

On the morning we left, I took our bags down to the check-in desk about 5:30 a.m. We spent the rest of the morning at M/K. Came back to W/L and boarded the bus for MCO. When we got back to RDU, our bags were waiting. It's a fairly simple process and, in our opinion, works very well.

AvonleaCF
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
We're flying JetBlue so we can do resort check-in.

Yeah I guess I'll just take my chances and hope everything arrives the way it should!