PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on the plane ride?

caryrae
08-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Not sure the best place to put this but...

What does everyone do on their flight to help pass the time, listen to music:music:, watch a movie:popcorn:, read:mcoffee:, computer:geek:, sleep:sleepin:, drink:marg:, ect.

Most of the time I bring my portable DVD player, just watch 1 or 2 movies and I am there. My wife buys a few magazines and listens to her iPod.

luvdiznee
08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
MP3 player, portable DVD player and the occasional ZZzzz....:sleepin:Dreaming until I get there. :cloud9::mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
08-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I plan on bringing my ipod and portable DVD 6 hours with 1 stop is a long time on a plane :D:mickey:

bmj721
08-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Our flight is only 2 hours. When our boys were younger I had to stay awake to do damage control. But now I doze, because I have some motion issues. After the beverage I have a lovely refreshing nap and poof we're there.
:mickey:

Donald
08-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Constantly answering "when are we going to get there" questions.

Sunshine1010
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Our flight time is 1 1/2 hours.

We sit, drink our Sprite, eat our pretzels, wait for the trash to be picked up, glance at a magazine, look out the window....

....and we're there!

ILoveLegos
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I look at the inflight magazine after take off until the captain gives the okay... then I Play Gameboy's Monster Inc. I can usually finish all levels on the 2 hour flight. Or I play Tetris to level 9 Beverage Cart then again until the Tiny Turkey sandwich comes and then again until the trash is picked up and then it's time to power down on the landing!

motherof4
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
we take Jet blue it is great we have a 3 hour flight.so we watch tv they have about 38 direct tv channels and sat radio by the time we watch our favorite shows we are there have fun

Tinkerbellfan
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
We usually flt Jetblue so we watch TV. I also watch DVDs on my laptop or listen to my I-pod. And, I read a lot of magazines~

ParkMan
08-17-2008, 08:54 PM
If I'm without kids, I try to sleep and/or read a magazine.

If I've got the kids with me, we'll watch a movie on the laptop.

Marker
08-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Maybe sleep a little,
Maybe watch a video on the laptop,
Maybe even take care of some work on the laptop,
Maybe read through the Sky Mall,
Maybe chat with people around me (family or not),
Maybe just stare out the window trying to figure out where I am,
Maybe a little handheld game (sudoku is a favorite).

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
I usually have my DVD player and tv shows on DVD...both half and full hours. I don't have enough time to watch a whole movie, so the TV shows are perfect. I also always have a book (To Kill a Mockingbird...I read at least some of it very vacation.) and my Ipod too. Lately I have been napping...I used to have a hard time falling asleep on a plane, but not anymore!

DisneyDudet
08-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Dad reads the paper.

Mom reads a book and maybe listens to her iPod.

I either have a magazine or book, iPod, or continue to plan!

After about an hour and a half, I get a little ansy, but I can usually feel when we start to decend, so I get excited!

Dragongirlx
08-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Our flight time is 9 hours. So I tend to watch movies, read a couple of books and bug my sister (good for at least 1 hour). It always seems easier on the way to disney then the way back - although on the way back I tend to sleep - or try to but it always seems longer
:mickey:

dmosher
08-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Well our flight from home to LA is about 12 hours, then another 6 to FL.

On the first 12 hours, we have a great entertainment system (Air New Zealand rocks!) and that tends to keep us busy. We also have our laptop and usually bring our passporter, games, etc. Plus it's a big plane, nice bathrooms, etc, get up, walk around, the usual.

The final leg (6 hours) of our journey is a different story. At first, the laptop and ipod keep you busy, maybe even a magazine or book, but generally by the 4th hour (after the previous trip and a decent layover in LA, you are pretty much just sitting there, with your hands on your lap gently rocking or bouncing in anticipation. This can sometimes lead to insanity on the part of the other persons sitting near you, but so far restraints or Air Marshals have not been necessary.

Besides I have a great defense... I'm too excited to sit still! I'm on my way to Disney World!
:pipes:
D

ryca1dreams
08-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Well,
thanks to AirTran canceling their only direct flight from DFW to Orlando, I'll have plenty of time to explore Atlanta Hartsfield.

thrillme
08-18-2008, 08:00 AM
We watch a DVD then we play our DS's till they tell us to turn them off. Then we read the SkyMall catalog.

AwPhooey
08-18-2008, 08:07 AM
My flights are usually pretty short (1 hr and 2 hr, or vice versa, depending on the hub I use).

For the shorter flight, I usually doze off or flip through a magazine. For the longer flight, I usually do a bit of everything: reading, sleeping and listening to music.

RedSoxFan
08-18-2008, 08:13 AM
We are flying JetBlue out of Syracuse this time. I know they have TV's --- the kids will probably watch TV and/or listen to their IPODS. DH & I will read and listen to our IPODS.

BlueDorrie
08-18-2008, 09:22 AM
It depends how freaked out I am when the plane takes off. I try to read a magazine or a book for a little while. When the attendants give the ok for electronic devices, I usually plug into my iPod for the remainder of the trip.

MushuGrl
08-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't fly well, and luckily it's only a two hour flight (if Northwest keeps our non-stop oh please oh please).

I'm good on take off...LOVE LOVE the landing..but it's the in the middle that I get kinda freaked out.

SO, I'm getting my gossips mags at the airport, and loading my iPod with nothing but Disney tunes to keep me distracted.

And finding someone to talk to. Seems like that always makes the trip seem like five minute long.

Faver
08-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Since I'm way to excited to sleep, or read anything of substance:) I usually look at a magazine, and look at my watch...and ask, "are we there yet"... :thumbsup: I'm worse than a little kid!

thumperbug
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
My DH tries to keep me calm and keep my DS occupied. We bring a DVD player for my son, I bring my Ipod...but I am alllways checking my watch to see how close we are to arriving. (my bad)
We have Disney DVD Bingo which we also play on the play since we have the DVD player. That kills some time.

princessjojo
08-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Our flights are usually only about 1 1/2 hour or so, so I usually try to read a magazine or puzzle of some sort. This coming trip though, I will probably sleep. I get off work the morning we leave, finish packing (hopefully I'll have it done before then) get boys from school and leave, no sleep involved unless a couple hours before they get out of school. Hopefully, they will keep an open ear in the airport incase I doze there as well.

Lizzie
08-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Our flights are always 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

We usually fly red eye there and try to get the kids to sleep. And sleep some ourselves.

On the way back its sleep, entertain the kids ipod, dvd players, magazines or DS.

The flights sure seem longer now with the kids. :)

Mousemates
08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
We don't fly (anywhere all that often...i.e just three flights in the last three years), so I'm window gazer....love looking at the earth from above...trying to figure out what city I see by using maps and visibile landmarks (interstates/rivers, etc)....also do a bit of reading and snoozing if the flight is long or cloud cover is an issue.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Entertain my DD with DVDs, legos, puppets, crayons, play-doh. Beg my DD to sleep as I watch my DH nap while our napping DS snuggle in his arms.

Jeri Lynn
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Sometimes I close my eyes and relax.
Sometimes I play cards.
Sometimes I eat junk food.
Sometimes I read magazines and talk to my sister.
Most of the time I daydream about what ride I am going to go on first and what treat I am going to eat!

Bluesky481
08-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Play cards
Listen to ipod
Sleep
People-watch
Chew gum
Tilt chair back its full 3.6 degrees
Look out the window
Fidget
Check my DME documents (so far everything's still been there)
Look over our finalized plans/ADRs
Drink some water
Wake up DH

2 hours later...we're there! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-19-2008, 03:54 AM
30 minutes before boarding I take some medicine to knock myself out. On the plane I start off listening to my Ipod but I'm usually out like a light in no time:blush:

Cookie123
08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I am an "older" adult ( 55 ) who loves WDW.
I usually fly solo, and because of packing and other stuff, I am lacking in sleep by the time I get on the airplane. I love to look at the clouds on the airplane, and the sights below.
I thumb through the Southwest "Sky Mall" magazine in the hopes that it might make me sleepy enough to catch up on some sleep.
Although I like to say hello to the stranger sitting next to me, I don't want to be too chatty. I want to nap. My flight is 3 hours.

jenny1976
08-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I dream about Disney, plan for Disney, have a Diet Coke, watch a little TV, listen to a little music, do a little reading and...BOOM, we're there!!!!!:cloud9: Of course, it is only a 2.5 hour flight, not bothersome at all!!!

31 DAYS AWAY FROM THE MAGIC!!!:cloud9:

VWL Mom
08-19-2008, 06:01 PM
We fly Jet Blue and watch TV. We also bring the Disney Trivia book and Hidden Mickey book to brush up on all things WDW before arrival.