PDA

View Full Version : No Room at ASM???

Dr. Disney
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
I have my package booked for the ASM from Dec. 8th - 14th. Luckily, when I booked, I had a code for 40% off the room portion of my package :thumbsup:.

Due to the recent issues with my hometown airline (Midwest Airlines), my flights were cancelled and I was forced to book through another airline. There was no problem booking the flight down, but the flight back was rather expensive. I found it was much cheaper (and even better) to stay 1 more day. So I called the Disney Travel Co to add 1 more day to my ressie and they said there was no availability at ASM that extra night (Dec. 14th - 15th). However, if I went to their official website, I could book that night at ASM.. the travel agent suggested I dot hat because his system wasn't showing availability.

So now I have a MYW + dining reservation Dec. 8 - 14th, then I have a different reservation, for the same resort, Dec 14 - 15th. Am I going to have to check out at 11am, then for a new room for 1 night.. which may not be available til 4pm??? Or do you think Disney will work some of it's Magic and take care of keeping us in the same room???? Has anyone else come into this problem before???

This whole situation has put a small damper on my vacation!

WDW1208
08-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Well it is not exactly the same thing, but we have rented DVC points many times and then had to pay cash for an additional night due to wanting to stay an extra day or airline times. In this instance they have always done their best to keep us in the same room if possible. Be sure you mention it to them on check in, and although most faxes are ignored these days, it does not hurt to fax them 3-5 days ahead of time and let them know, since it is not a room request per se. Usually we book a separate resort for those extra days, but the few times we have done this we have been able to stay in the same room, just had to go down to the desk and check out and right back in. Don't let this put a damper on your trip, it will be great regardless!

1EeyoreFan
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
We had a similar situation at the same resort. Ours issue was the opposite. We added a day to the beginning of our trip. At check in we asked if we could stay in the same room for the duration as we had 4 people to move. They were more than accomodating and we were able to stay in the same room.

lindique
08-17-2008, 06:30 PM
It shouldn't be a problem (in fact, I'm in the same boat - 2 different reservations because of AAA rates followed by AP rates.) In my case, Disney has already "linked" the 2 reservations together so that I can stay in the same room.

Since you "own" your second reservation (because you made it yourself), I suggest that you call Disney World directly and ask them to put a note in your second reservation linking it to the first one. Then you can also mention it when you check in to the hotel. You will probably have to go to the front desk on the day of your "second check in" and get a new key, but you most probably will not have to move.