PDA

View Full Version : Questions on POP

Poohsmom
08-17-2008, 03:21 PM
HI! We're heading down in a little over a week and staying at Pop Century. I had a couple of questions after reading info and reviews.
1. Are there hair dryers in the rooms or do I have to request one from mousekeeping?
2. I read that there are no towels at the pool and you have to get them from mousekeeping. Are they automatically left in your room or do you have to ask? Are they the regular Disney pool towels?
3. I reserved a preferred room which I believe will be the 60's. It sounds like the parking is really far away though. Is the bus stop closer than the parking lot?
4. Any other tips about staying at POP would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Chris

disneylove69
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
It's been awhile since I was there but we used our room towels. They did have hairdryers. The bus stops were crowded first thing in the morning. While we were there they installed shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower.

Dr. Disney
08-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Hair Dryers - From what I rememebr, they are available in all rooms at the POP without having to request them. According to Intercots info page about POP ( here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/popcentury/default.asp) ), they need to be requested. I'm sorry I'm not 100% for sure :blush:

You heard correct about towels, they are not available at the pool. You need to call Mousekeeping and request extra towels be delivered to your room, or you will need to request extra at the front desk.

The preferred rooms are the 60s buildings. It is a walk from the parking lot. You can see the resort map right Here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg)

Our stay at POP was rather pleasant. We stayed there once... but we still seem to favor the ASM more... I like the Pool Bar at ASM better. My DS (8) prefers ASM also.. we always stay in the Toy Story Area.

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
The preferred rooms are the 60s buildings. It is a walk from the parking lot. You can see the resort map right Here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg)

The preferred rooms are not JUST in the 60's, they're spread out. When we were there last September our preferred room was in the 60's building, 3rd floor, backside with a view of nothing, far away from pool, elevator & food court. We initially parked in the area designated for the 60's building but found that you had to haul your bags through the 50's building, down by the food court, around & past the pool. Quite a hike. The next day we ended up moving our car into the parking lot directly in front of the bus area. That way we just cut through the check in area, & past the buses to get to our car when we were leaving. During our stay we used the bus transportation. :mickey:

MickeyChick
08-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Our preferred room at Pop was a corner room on one of the 50s buildings and it was closer to the main building than many of the rooms in the 60s buildings.

Pop Centurion
08-19-2008, 11:45 PM
1. We've always had a hairdryer in our room so my guess is that they all do.

2. They suggest that you use the towels in your room. Mousekeeping usually leaves us 6 bath sized towels so there's never a worry about having fresh/dry towels when it's time to shower. You can always request extra towels if need be.

3. Each set of buildings has it's own parking lot. If you are indeed in the 60's building than that has the farthest distance from the parking lot. The bus stops are closer but not by a whole lot. You can get an idea by looking at Pop's resort map here: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg

4. My only tip is to explore the resort on your free time. There's so much to see. Be sure to walk along memory lane and read the signs with significant dates.
Also if you walk onto the bridge at hourglass lake and look in the water you can see lots of large swimming turtles. Not really a big deal but still interesting to watch them.
Oh, almost forgot. In the main lobby down by the Magical Express entrance there's a room with a TV that plays classic Disney Cartoons. During our last trip they played Donald Duck cartoons. My GF would get mad at me when we'd come back from EMH at the parks and I'd stop in there for a good 15-20 mins. She would be so tired and wanted to go to bed but just couldn't pull me away from that TV. :D

Tink#64
08-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Three out of four stays at Pop have been in the 60's section bldg #4, with our room facing HourGlass Lake! It's so quiet & serene! We love the view of the lake and being away from the noise and there's very little foot traffic back there! Also a great view of SSE & can see some of IllumiNations from the end of that section! It's is a little further walk to Classic Hall, the bus stops & the parking but we've never thought it was bad! We've actually requested the same room the last few trips because we like that section!

We love to roam around the grounds, cool icons, some are lit up at night! We love Everything Pop gift shop & my DS's 10 & 12 still like the interractive water jets! This is a seperate water feature just to your left as you exit Classic Hall facing the Hippy Dippy Pool! The Hippy Dippy pool is great with the flowers that spray water & it's huge! It never seems crowded!

Yes hair dryers in all rooms & Mousekeeping can/will brings extra towels. We've always packed our own beach towels, but now with the limitations & extra expense with luggage, I think we'll leave them at home the next trip!

Hope you have a magical trip! :tink: