PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge to Typhoon Lagoon

AvonleaCF
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I read that there is no direct bus from the Wilderness Lodge to Typhoon Lagoon (and the Downtown Disney area) in the morning -- is that true? Why don't they have direct service? Seems strange to me, especially for a deluxe resort (I stayed at moderate last year and they had buses running everywhere at every hour).

What's the best way of getting to Typhoon Lagoon to arrive at opening? If you take a bus to a park will there be buses going to the water park that early?

ibrowse17
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
We took a bus from the WL to DTD on our trip a couple of weeks ago. I can also remember seeing buses that went to both water parks. :thumbsup:

Mousemates
08-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Just a question...but where did you read that?...it just seems a bit odd. And while I cant give you a definitive answer to your question (because when we stayed at the Wilderness...which I beleive you will absoultely love...we didn't do the water parks).
However, when we have done the water parks at other resorts I don't recall having an issue with buses not running from our resorts. Hopefully, someone else will be able to speak to your issue a bit more authoritatively than I can.

AvonleaCF
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
I read it on another Disney site (per terms of service I can't post the link). I thought it was a bit odd, too. Intercot's description says you can take a bus, but this other site said that before 4pm you had to transfer from the transportation & ticket center. :confused: :confused:

SgtTigger
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM
That could be old info.....
Since there is no bus that goes to the TTC anymore from Wilderness Lodge.......

I do believe that they do have a bus that goes there all the time now......

When you check in just ask they will be glad to help you.....

:cop: :tigger:

TammiMcMan
08-18-2008, 12:24 AM
From what I know, there's a DTD/Typhoon Lagoon bus from the WL. Sometimes it's shared with Fort Wilderness or the GF. Typhoon lagoon is the final stop and picking up at the other resort will make it a bit longer, but there's no need to go to TTC.

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2008, 08:57 AM
From what I know, there's a DTD/Typhoon Lagoon bus from the WL.

1) Correct.
2) The sign on the bus says "Downtown Disney / Typhoon Lagoon.
3) Due to space, the DTD and TL alternates.
4) All resorts have buses for DTD/TL.
5) They become DTD-only after about 5:00pm.

AvonleaCF
08-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I guess this other site needs to do some updating! It's a fairly huge unofficial site that I'm sure many Intercotees are familiar with.