PDA

View Full Version : To save or not?

dismommy
08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
OK, so here's the story:
Friday I saw the Oct.-Dec. discount code and called Disney to see if it could be applied to my vacation package (magic your way plus dining for 3 people). Spoke with a very nice CM who told me yes and I would get $529 back. Yeah! He was supposed to send me an email to confirm the ressie which I never got so I went on Disney.com to check everything was right and found that he had switched our hotel from POFQ to POR, without ever telling me. Now my DS has his heart and mind set on staying at the FQ again mickey waffles for breakfast, serpent slide etc and I can not seem to convince him to change his mind, DH says if thats what he wants just leave it at the FQ (mind you it took me 46 minutes on the phone with a CM and guest service supervisor to get my old ressie back at what I had paid because when they just tried to rebook it came out to more then I paid). The thought that I could save this money is killing me, but I don't want my son to be unhappy (this trip is his reward for going through a rough time when I was sick this past year), so should I just say what they hey or keep trying to change his mind?:confused:

Bringonthemouse!
08-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I say save the $$$$. Since POR and POFQ are considered "sister" resorts, you can use all the amenities at the FQ even if you are booked at POR. The walk between resorts is not all that long and if you prefer, you can always hop on the boat.....
:twocents:

Good luck with your decision.

Disney Doll
08-17-2008, 11:50 AM
That's my recommendation as well. You guys can use the pool at either resort since they are sister resorts. I don't know for sure, but don't they have mickey waffles at POR? Seems like they have these at several of the resorts. $529.00 is a lot to save.

KayDee
08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
We know how stubborn a child can be... Having said that $529 is a lot to be saved. With the POR reservation you can enjoy the ammenities of both resorts. Play up on the good characteristics of POR. Piano Bob being one of the main ones I can think of off the top. The short walk to POFQ will enable your son to use the pool and have the waffles of his choice. When making the reservation request the mansion section this will make you much closer to POFQ. Also let your son know with the added savings there will be more money for souvenirs and gifts. Much nicer to spend the extra money on things that can be brought home than on a room.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I agree with the other posters, you can still use all the facilities at both resorts and you can promise him an extra special souvenier or meal to make up for it.

disneylovinmom
08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
For me, the answer is easy. I wouldn't even tell my kid. $529 is A LOT of money. I'd have to work 2 weeks at my job just to make that much money. As the other poster stated, you can still use all the amenities at POFQ when you are staying at POR. You could take advantage of the savings to do some great TS dinners and activities. Once you get there and the fun begins, I'm sure your child will not care where he is staying.

Daddy Mouse
08-17-2008, 06:04 PM
I agree with others on this matter. I know you don't want to ruin DS trip. I doubt that he will be disappointed in POR. You can eat in either resort and swim in either pool. Experiencing something new is good for growth and the soul.:thumbsup: Save the money and enjoy yourself.

Nurse Kim
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I would definitely save the $$$. Maybe if you just tell your son that you can still use the slides and eat at POFQ even though you aren't staying there. I would use the suggestions of other posters.

Good Luck! :thumbsup: