PDA

View Full Version : What to wear on the plane

Guya103
08-17-2008, 10:53 AM
My family and I will be flying to WDW this year (only 4 more days) which we have not done in a very long time. My question is what do you usually wear on the plane? Will it be cold on the plane so we should wear pants? We will arrive at our resort hours before check in time and have to wait for our luggage with ME so we won't be able to change right away. I don't want to freeze on the plane but would prefer to wear shorts or capris because it will obviously be warm in FL. Thanks!! :mickey:

MsMin
08-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I imagine it will be cold on the plane and the longer the flight the cooler you may feel. I prefer to wear capris on when traveling b/c it does give you a little more coverage. The DME will be cool too but it will be hot of course. Most often you can get a blanket on the plane if its too cold.
Do make sure you pack a bag with a change if you wear longer pants b/c it may be a while before your luggage arrives and it is too hot for long pants in the parks.
Have a wonderful trip!

Guya103
08-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Thank you so much for your quick response! I think capris sound good- not too hot or too cold.:mickey:

MauiMouse
08-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Same boat here too, and from Michigan as well. We are leaving in 6 days and our flight is super early in the morning. I'm going to bite the bullet and just wear my shorts and sandals. Will I get cold, probably but it's only for about 2 hours so I should be fine.

Now, you have me thinking! :D I'm going to throw in my warm up pants, they are super light weight and won't take up much room in my carry-on. All set now. Thanks!

princessjojo
08-17-2008, 11:19 AM
You could always bring a swearshirt/jacket for the plane/bus and leave it in storage after you check in. We do that many times when we get in early, but we always bring a carry-on with extra stuff incase our luggage is lost. Just shove it in the bag, take your park essentials and off you go. One thing I learned the hard way this year though is that we should have packed a small tube of sunblock because all of our other tubes/bottles/cans were packed in our checked luggage because it was too large.

Back to the original point though, when you get off your DME bus, just put the jacket in your carry-on luggage and you don't have to haul it around all day. I have to do that all the time since I stay cold more than usual.

deedeebee
08-17-2008, 11:25 AM
We will be on a plane in 22 days:cloud9:. We are on an early flight from MI as well. We have been fine with long shorts for the guys and capri pants for the girls, (even in Dec). I do usually make sure the kids have socks on their feet, I see kids with frozen toes:confused: just no need for that!!
Have a great trip:thumbsup:

SFTrny
08-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Remember layers! I travel by plane a lot and it is always a dice-roll. I would dress comfortably for FL and then bring an extra sweater for on the plane.

thrillme
08-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I've RARELY felt too cold on an airplane. There's a vent above you that you can adjust if you feel cold. But then I'm the seat partner that has it blasting. The girl sitting next to me was in a little speghetti strap shirt, flip flops and sandles. She asked if I would turn it down. Of course I did so with no problem.

As a girl I usually wear capris, t-shirt top and crocks or sneakers. My son and husband usually wear T-shirt and jeans crocks/sneakers.

I'd say if you're the type of person that gets cold easily then bring a light jacket with you.

Just don't wear a micro mini skirt. :D

SBETigg
08-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I doubt you will be that cold on the plane. I think you can comfortably wear shorts. It's extremely hot and humid in FL right now and you will be uncomfortably warm in capris once you land.

thumperbug
08-17-2008, 01:02 PM
when we travel (from NY) we have convertable pants we travel in. They are long pants that have zippers around the knee area and the bottoms of the pants zip off and then you are in shorts. My son calls them cheater pants.

The pants themselves are pretty lightweight and don't worry, you can't see the zippers.

We have found them at Kohls, for kids we have found them at Target. Tony Hawl has a line of kids clothes that contain the convertable pants.

I got mine at WDW. They are pink and grey camelflage (pardon the spelling) and actually have 2 sets of zippers to change them to either capris or shorts.

So, we travel in pants mode and when we get to the airport in Florida we just unzip the bottoms. They are small so they just go in our carry on no problem.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-17-2008, 03:25 PM
We usually travel to Florida in the winter time. I wear lightweight jeans, a light shirt and a zip-up something or other. I dress the kids in loose, soft pants and my DH wears cargo pants (for extra storage). We bundle up to enter the airport. We leave room in our luggage to stash the winter clothes, then proceed to check-in.

We also travel with a stroller, so we can stash our layers easily. If you don't do the same - I suppose you could leave room in your carry-on or ask bell services to hold sweaters or pull-overs when you arrive.

TheRustyScupper
08-17-2008, 04:14 PM
1) Fact
. . . airplane air conditioning is different than your house
. . . there is less humidity on planes than on the ground
. . . you dehydrate faster on planes than on the ground
. . . you feel cooler on planes at the same temperature

2) That is why planes used to carry blankets.
3) In lieu of blankets, I would recommend a sweater or light jacket.

Nurse Kim
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Our first trip we left KCI when it was very cold so we were dressed for winter along with jackets when we landed it Florida it was 40 degrees warmer. Our next trip we plan to dress comfortably and we are taking a duffle bag as a carry on with clothes we can change into at the resort before our luggage arrives along with our swimsuits.

Guya103
08-17-2008, 09:22 PM
If your room is not ready do you just change in the restrooms?

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I wear convertable pants. They are long pants, with snaps on the sides so you can roll them up and then they are capris! They had them at Target and I love them. They are really light weight and don't wrinkle...perfect travel pants. Plus then if we are out early or late, I'm not freezing because I always have pants on! I also always have a light hoodie or something like that too!

I usually keep the hoodie with me, because I get cold in the attractions, but you can stash anything you don't need in your carry on bag, leave it with bell serices and be off to have fun!

sndral
08-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Security seems a bigger hassle than it was even a few years ago, so do wear easy on/off shoes and think metal detector w/ belt buckle/jacket choices.