PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Disney in Feb?

DawnluvsEeyore
08-17-2008, 09:48 AM
We are thinking of going to WDW in Feb. I'm assuming part of the week would be President's weekend. Has anyone been during that week? What are the crowds like? What is the weather like? TIA! :confused:

BMan62
08-17-2008, 09:56 AM
We were there Valentine's week 2007 - first two days were sunny and hot; the next three were cold, wet and miserable (if you were anywhere BUT WDW!!!) We were wearing our leather jackets in the parks for the last couple days with temps in the 50's.

You have to be prepared for just about any type of weather in Feb.!

Disney Doll
08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
We usually always go in Feb, but we try to leave before Presidents Day weekend as I've heard that crowds will pick up that week. We really like Feb because of the cooler temps and lighter crowds. Yes you will need to watch the weather forecasts and even then pack a little bit of everything. The weather is really variable. I think usually it's a little chilly in the mornings and in evenings with midday temps in the high 70's or low 80's. I wear jeans and short sleeves, but I keep a jacket around my waist for when the sun goes down. However, sometimes a cold snap will hit and then you will need heavy coats and long sleeves. It also depends on what you are used to. I see northerners wearing shorts and tank tops in Feb, but it's not quite that warm IMHO. Pools are heated so swimming is definitely possible in Feb.

Figment78
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
We were there Feb 7 - 14 2007. It was cool for most of our trip - I wore jeans every day, a tank top and layered on a lightweight long-sleeve shirt over that. At night, I did wear sweaters and/or a jacket. The LAST day of our trip, when we were waiting at the airport, it was very warm and I FINALLY felt like I was in Florida!

It was extremely comfortable for our February trip, but then, we weren't looking to swim in the pools or go to the water parks.

karenrarintogo
08-18-2008, 12:54 AM
We were in Disney in Feb. 08 from around 2/7 to 2/12. We timed it to have our entire trip in the value season and completed our trip before President's week. It was fun--not too busy, but there was a cheerleading competition over the weekend we were there. I think this particular weekend is typically a cheerleading competition every year, but not sure. It didn't seem to affect the crowds too much, but some girls were doing their cheerleading thing while in the parks. A little scary seeing a teenage girl hoisted up in the air on someone's hand with just Animal Kingdom concrete below her.
The weather was fine--warm enough to swim during the day but did cool down into the 60's at night. Bring a hoodie or sweater for sure, along with your swim suit.

princessesmom
08-18-2008, 08:05 AM
We were last there February 06. We arrived the Wednesday before President's Week and left the following Wednesday. It is definitely crowded that week, but entire manageable. Just get out early to the parks to do the big rides and be sure to use fastpass. The weather was beautiful the entire week. It was in the upper 70's to 80's everyday. Sunny everyday except one, it was overcast that day but didn't rain the entire week. We needed a light jacket some nights. It was plenty warm enough to swim.

However, it can be quite cool in February. We were there early February one year and it was cold some mornings. So be sure to bring a variety of clothes and plan to layer.

We love going in February. We are not hot weather people and the weather is perfect that time of the year - especially compared to NY.

DawsonAR
08-18-2008, 10:32 AM
I went during Presidents week and it was very, very crowded. We usually go during slow periods so it felt extremely crowded to me. I don't think I will go at the same time again, but we still had fun.

jonahbear2006
08-18-2008, 11:33 AM
we went the 2nd-the 12th this year and the crowds were fantastic. The longest line we waited in was probably soarin' and it was 45 min. Everything was pretty much get right on, especially in the evening. Character lines are still pretty stinkin' long, all the time. We love love loved the weather though and it was a great break from feb in IL. We avoided presidents week because we read it was really busy that week cause of the school break; lots of locals there.

joonyer
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
We have been in Feb. over the President's Day weekend, and compared to summer crowds, (Memorial Day week), we thought it was great. Not bad at all. That was in 2005 though. It could be more crowded now, but I'm sure it's still much less than peak times.

The weather was really nice in Feb. too, compared to the heat of summer.

robnadina
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
We were there Feb 4-8 2007 and loved it! The weather was a little cool in the morning and evenings, but really managable. A light jacket would suffice. The crowd level was a little busier than I expected but very tolerable. Compared to the last time we were there (Aug 2005), we decided that we will only go in Winter and Fall. We had no problems with ADR at the times and places we wanted (except Cinderella's obviuosly). Good Luck and hope you have a great time!

Disney Doll
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
We were in Disney in Feb. 08 from around 2/7 to 2/12. We timed it to have our entire trip in the value season and completed our trip before President's week. It was fun--not too busy, but there was a cheerleading competition over the weekend we were there. I think this particular weekend is typically a cheerleading competition every year, but not sure. It didn't seem to affect the crowds too much, but some girls were doing their cheerleading thing while in the parks. A little scary seeing a teenage girl hoisted up in the air on someone's hand with just Animal Kingdom concrete below her.
The weather was fine--warm enough to swim during the day but did cool down into the 60's at night. Bring a hoodie or sweater for sure, along with your swim suit.

I also think that the cheer competitions happen this time every year. However, we weren't bothered by them. Twice we even stayed at the same resort as the cheer groups and even then we weren't bothered. They spend a lot of the day practicing and competing so it doesn't effect park crowds too awful much. They do have off days and you will see them in the parks, but it's not overrun with cheerleaders so don't let that hinder your plans. Yes there are some giddy, silly girls, but in general I think their behavior is usually pretty good. I have seen CMs get onto them for doing lifts in the parks. I'm sure it makes for a fun picture, but it is dangerous and WDW does not permit it.

GaDisneyGal
08-18-2008, 04:53 PM
We were there during Presidents Day this past February and it was wonderful!! Perfect weather and fairly short lines in the parks. We will definitely go again at the same time in the future. :mickey: