PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the Ketchup @ WC ?

PittFan
08-17-2008, 09:32 AM
I keep seeing posts from people telling others to "make sure you ask for the ketchup". What's the deal with that? I have never eaten there and my curiosity is getting the better of me. Please explain. :confused:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-17-2008, 09:52 AM
If we tell you, it will ruin the fun of the experience. Please just trust us.

You can also ask for any other condiment of your choice, a toothpick, straws, anything you need. Just ask for something.

iheartmickey
08-17-2008, 10:02 AM
OP, I felt the same way you felt ... until I went and experienced it myself. When you go you'll see others asking for Ketchup, if you're too timid to do it yourself.

This restaurant is soooo much fun, it is a must do now for us every time we visit WDW.

Make sure you call someone at home and tell them how much fun you're having at WDW while you're eating dinner. :D

dixielandings
08-17-2008, 10:38 AM
One table ended with ALL the ketchup bottles in the house on their table when we were there! haha It works for jelly and honey and stuff too. Lots of fun!

princessjojo
08-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Trust me, it won't hurt. One thing I can promise you though is that you get what you ask for...

jonahbear2006
08-17-2008, 11:35 AM
oh my gosh i am going crazy now. what happens?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-17-2008, 01:00 PM
The 4th post gave it away.

I think it's something you need to just go experience. Knowing what happens makes it less fun (or not as randomly fun when it happens).

Some of the looks people make are very priceless...or they could kill.

PittFan
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks ... If I get to dine there I'm going to have my son ask, he won't know what is going to happen, so it will still be a surprise!!! :secret:

Tink&Goofy
08-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I am planning to go there with DH in December. He puts ketchup on just about everything. Not planning on warning him. I KNOW he will innocently ask for ketchup at some point. :D

Urbss
08-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Okay - I feel stupid for asking this - I'll probably even feel dumber once I know the answer - but, what does "WC" stand for?

AwPhooey
08-18-2008, 08:01 AM
It's an abbreviation for Whispering Canyon Cafe, a table service restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge Resort. You may also see it abbreviated WCC.

Urbss
08-18-2008, 09:19 AM
It's an abbreviation for Whispering Canyon Cafe, a table service restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge Resort. You may also see it abbreviated WCC.

Oh, thank you - I had no idea!

brownie
08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
If you really want to know what it's like before you go, catch Samantha Brown's Wilderness Lodge episode of Great Hotels the next time it airs on the Travel Channel.

Insanity Clause
08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
You can look it up on Youtube as well. That was actually where I saw anything about it if you can find the right ones. It looks like a lot of fun though, I plan on having my 6 year old ask for the ketchup. We will be going to Whispering Canyon the night that we get into WDW.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Don't forget that you get free refills on pop - be sure to ask for one.

Don't be afraid to ask the staff where the restrooms are either.

DisneyDog
08-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I ate there once and didn't ask for anything:blush: I am just too introverted for that. LOL. But, I did enjoy watching others ask for stuff. The food is really, really good there. I had the skillet breakfast and it was amazing. I will never forget it. Probably the best deal in all of WDW, too.