PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to...graph?

Tigger&Stitch
08-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this question, so here it is!

I've often seen information on sites (including this one) on how to get from every resort to each park. However, is there a grid/graph/interactive anything that tells you how to get from anywhere in the World to anywhere else in the World?

For instance, say someone wants to try out breakfast at a different resort, but isn't sure how to get there.

For our upcoming trip, I've done the research to find out how we need to get everywhere. I've thought about creating such a grid/graph/interactive thing, but didn't want to recreate the wheel if there is already a tool out there! :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Well, it's actually pretty simple...

Allow 30 minutes to get to a park, 60 minutes to get to a resort.

a. Check bus schedule at bus stop. If your destination is NOT there, get on any bus.
b. If you are at your final destination, enjoy, otherwise, look for the stop to your final destination and wait for the next bus.

The following exceptions apply.

1. There are normally no busses from the monorail loop resorts to MK. Take the monorail if you need to go anywhere on the monorail loop.
2. There are normally no busses to Epcot or MGM from Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin. If you need to go to any of these resorts/parks from any of these resorts/parks, walk or take the boat.
3. Add another 20-30 minutes to your travel time if you leave from or need to arrive at Fort Wilderness.

CleveRocks
08-17-2008, 09:57 AM
a. Check bus schedule at bus stop. If your destination is NOT there, get on any bus.
I've never seen a bus schedule at a bus stop. What do you mean???

DizneyRox
08-17-2008, 10:27 AM
I've never seen a bus schedule at a bus stop. What do you mean???

There's usually a sign at the bus stop (even at the resorts) that says what busses are coming. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, AK, DTD or whatever. Some are buildings, like at Beach Club, that indicate which building is for which destination.

I tried to dumb it down into a couple easy steps. Guess my plan didn't work. My point is, travel at WDW really isn't all that difficult. Sure, you can get fancy and uses busses, monorails, boats, etc if you want, but for the most part, you are two stops away from any destination.

MuchLovedMama
08-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I sent you a private message that should be exactly what you are looking for. :mickey: