PDA

View Full Version : Outlets?

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Been doing some research lately and noticed there's a few outlet malls near WDW that carry stuff from the parks. Have any of you been there? Is it worth the cab ride?

Beast_fanatic
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I have been to the outlets, although it's been awhile. I have found some good things there, but it's very hit or miss. I personally don't think it would be worth the cost of cab fare over as any savings would be completely negated by paying for the cab.

TinkiTime1989
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
We usually go to the outlets every trip because we have our own car and we like to shop at the non-Disney stores as well. There used to be 2 Disney Outlets, however the outlet mall was recently re-done (I believe it was Tanger that took over...) and when we were down there in March there was only one Disney outlet store. It was big, but we didn't find anything. Most of the items were still too pricey to be considered an "outlet" price to us. It really was a big letdown, as we usually find some very good items there. If you're going to shop at the other stores as well then a cab might be worth it, otherwise I would skip it.

DDuck66
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
As the poster said above, it is not really worth the price of a cab if that is all you are going to do. There are several other options as well...we usually hit the Walmart on Highway 92 in Kissimee or the newer one on Vineland-Apopka...they usually have some great WDW gifts at those Walmart prices. There is also several nice areas to see especially along International Plaza if you wanted to make a day of shopping sightseeing outside of WDW.

AdventurerKim
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
We go to the Character Connection outlet store at the big outlet mall not far from the Crossroads, and it's always hit or miss with merchandise. I've gotten some resort tshirts for under $10 and other little things on some trips, but other times I don't buy anything. I doubt it's worth a cab ride, especially if you don't buy anything.

Tbelle1976
09-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I definately would pay for a cab ride to the Disney outlets. The things they carry are not from the Disney parks, but from the Disney store itself. Once in a while I'll find t-shirts there for a good price, but other than that not much of anything else.

big blue and hairy
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I definately would pay for a cab ride to the Disney outlets. The things they carry are not from the Disney parks, but from the Disney store itself. Once in a while I'll find t-shirts there for a good price, but other than that not much of anything else.
You're talking about different stores. While there are Disney Store outlets, there are also Character Outlets which feature Disney World stuff.

It would be hit or miss for a cab ride. One trip you could find a bunch of great stuff for terrific prices, and the next time...not so much.

:sulley:

Piglet822
09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
You could always catch a cab to the Premium Outlets and make a day or a half day of it. There's a bunch of shopping and within walking distance is a Publix, McDonalds, Outback, and other shops and eating establishments. That would make the cab ride worthwhile, IMO.

Store Listing - Orlando Premium Outlet (http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=17)