PDA

View Full Version : Day 2

jraczes
08-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Day 2, Animal Kingdom, had a 8:15 am resv. for the Tusker House but first we ran over to get a Fast Pass for the Safari. The breakfast there was very good, love the juice that they serve with the meal. This was a chachacter/buffet which the kids loved. Oh the photo pass people got us on the way in to buy there photo package $21.00. After breakfast it was time for the Safari, it started to rain when we got on but all the animals were out, got some great video, elephants, lion, flamingos,hippos,crocs,giraffes and much more. On to Dinosaur USA for a ride on Prime evil whirl, a 1/2 hour wait, seemed a lot rougher this year but maybe that’s just me getting old? The sky opened up so we headed to Dinosaur, it was longer wait then the 30 min wait posted but we were not going to leave our cover from the rain. We headed back to the hotel for lunch and a swim, then back to Animal Kingdom for a 7:30 pm dinner at the Rainforest Cafe which we absolutely loved. Lot's of great photo ops here. We all ordered the rainbow slushy drinks with the big cup and a toy animal on the bottom. The food was really good, I got the shrimp platter with steak, my DS the popcorn shrimp, and DD had the shrimp with alfredo sauce. I highly recommend this restaurant, we plan on going back even if it is not on the dinning plan.

MauiMouse
08-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed Tusker House, we are eating there for the first time, next week, but for dinner. :mickey:

Sounds like another fun day despite the rain.

pdrlkr
08-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
08-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Sounds like another great day, I am looking forward to hearing more! Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the report, we always like RFC too:mickey:

Lizzie
08-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the report. We still have yet to try Tusker house. Maybe next trip.

OogieBoogieMan
08-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I saw your note about Prime-evil Whirl and it isn't rougher, that ride is brutal if you are over 5 ft tall. I am 6'4" and spend the whole time getting slammed into the side of the car. I love the ride, but it comes at a price!

Enjoy your trip.

laward32
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the report.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a fun day at the Animal Kingdom. We always enjoy eating at the Rainforest Cafe too. Thanks for the report. :mickey:

Mousemates
08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a good day...thanks for the report.

faline
08-23-2008, 12:12 PM
What a fun safari ride you had! Sometimes I think the rain makes the animals more active.

You're right. Rainforest Cafe has lots of great places to take pictures!

Another very nice day!