PDA

View Full Version : Are Water Sandals Allowed in Water Parks?

Disneycrazed
08-17-2008, 12:09 AM
We're going to WDW in a few days :woohoo: and this will be our first time at any of the Water Parks. I read that it is a good idea to wear water shoes because the pavement can be very hot. I have both water shoes and water sandals. I prefer to wear the water sandals . Do they allow them to be worn on the slides? :mickey:

Piglet822
08-17-2008, 09:12 AM
If the slide requires a tube you should be able to keep your sandals on. If it's a body slide, the CM's might ask you to remove your shoes. In that case you just cross your arms over your chest and hold a shoe in each hand. That's how I've always done it :)

Lizzie
08-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I wore my Tevas last time and was fine. I might have had to take them off on a couple of slides but I just held onto them no problem.

thrillme
08-17-2008, 12:56 PM
You have to take them off on the body slides but it's no big deal to slip your hand through them. If you go to Tyhpoon Lagoon and want to snorkle you'll probably have to take them off there too if they're easy to come off while swimming. You don't want to lose one to the sharks.

MauiMouse
08-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Good information, I'd rather wear my flip flops than my water shoes. I think that I'll take both. :thumbsup:

Disneycrazed
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks Everyone!:mickey:

maxrebo77
08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm so glad I read this! I tried to find a pair of water shoes for my trip to BB next month but could find any. But if I can just wear my Eeyore flip flops and hold them on the slides, even better!:cool: