PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Value Season??

DisneyMcNuts
08-16-2008, 09:16 PM
17 days away from Disney World trip, and already talking about our next Disney experience, heehee.

Could anyone tell me if the cruise line has a value season or when would you consider the best time of year to cruise?

I have never been on a cruise, so I am a little confused on some of that, and will probably have lots of questions.

Amy

ElenitaB
08-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Ask away! :D

Cruises tend to be less expensive from September to mid November (not including the first week of November AKA Jersey Week). However, this is also hurricane season so it's like the proverbial box of chocolates: you never know what you'll get. If you do decide to book a cruise in this time period, be sure to get insurance!

TammiMcMan
08-17-2008, 01:00 PM
No value seasons in cruising and opposite of what you'll see at resorts, the earlier you book, the better your price will be. As stateroom categories start selling out, the prices do go up.

As Ellen mentioned, there are certain times of the year where prices do start out the lowest. With DCL this typcially includes the time of year when kids are not taken out of school and when the tropical weather could be the most questionable.