PDA

View Full Version : What Resort would you like to stay in??

arsenal3
08-16-2008, 08:26 PM
After reading, seeing and hearing all the diffrent things about many resorts I have come up with a list on the top ten resorts I would like to stay in. THis list is in order, 1 being the number one resort I want to stay in and 10 being th tenth resort I would like to stay in.

10. Dolphin/Swan- These resort have awsome architecture. The dolphins and Swan look awsome on top of the resorts. The pool look real cool. It walking distnace to two parks. Right by a mini golf course, I LOVE mini golf. Very close to everything else. Right by the boardwalk. This hotel looks awsome from the outside and I am positive it looks equally awsome on the inside. I will deffinatly stay at one of these resorts in my life time.
9. Contempory- Not my favorite type of resort, because it kind looks like a normal hotel on the inside. But I am real big on architecture and the way this place was built is huge on architecture. Plus the way the monarail goes through it is a huge plus for me.

8.Port Orleans French Quater- This hotel just looks like it has the feel of a fun time. It looks fancy but still apeals to kids. The way things light up at night (I have only seen pictures) looks real cool.

7.Saratoga Spirngs- I have heard that this resort is one of the nicest on the WDW property. My unlce told me that the only bad hting about this hotel is that it is far away from everything except Downtown Disney. BUt he also said it is as nice as the GF and has just as many perks resort perks as the GF does. It looks real nice and it is one of the newer resort on the WDW property. Deffinatly would like to check this one out and stay there for a couple nights, maybe go see La nuaba and go to Interactive Disnet right across the street..;)

6. All-star Sports- This hotel really appeals to me for some reason. Could be that it is made up of two of my passions. Sports and Disney World. The greatsest combination, throw in a trip with my girl-friend, you have the greastest vacation ever:number1:(haha, maybe a more romantic vaction to the GF or AKL would be more perfect).. This hotel looks like it would be a fun time.

5.Yacht/ Beach Club- I stayed in this resort the last time I went. It is very very nice. The best pool I have ever been in, in my life. It's right on the boardwalk witch was very cool and is walking distance to two parks, Epcot and DHS. Epcot being my favorite park, so that was a real plus for me. I will deffinatly being coming back to this resort in the future.

4. Wilderness Lodge- This hotel looks amazing from the outside. The way it is built is just great. I know I meantion it alot but the architecture at this resort looks amazing. All the rocks, trees, water falls look amazing. Its like you are staying in the mountains. The resort it self looks like it is made of trees, just a real cool feeling when I look at it.

3.Grand Floridian---I have stayed here one time and it was great, but I was a bit to young to really remeber everything. This hotel has so many perks. Its close to the MK, the monarail, easy to travel to all the parks, right by some golf courses, has a beach, the architecture looks from the outside are awsome. Plus this resort is like the heart and soul of all the WDW resorts. It just looks awsome.

2. Animal Kingdom Lodge--This hotel looks awsome. Waking up to seeing animals outside your balcony every day would be sweet. I love what I have seen architecturel wise. The lobby look awsome. People say that the CM are great here and help you with everything. I want to try the food, I heard that it was great. This place would be my number one if it wernt so far away from everything else. It looks very relaxing also, something I love to do.

1. Polynesian- This Resort look very cool. I really like the looks from the outside. I love the "polnesian" look. Just like the Grand Floridian it is right next to the MK and the monarail, witch is one of my favorite "rides". This hotel looks the best to me from the outside. I love the way things are lit up at night here. I would love to stay in this resort or the Animal Kingdom next time I go to WDW.

Out of all these hotel I only have been to three- Polynesian- when I was a baby
Grand Floridian.- when I was maybe 8
Yacht Club- this past summer

What do you think??? Any recomondations???

What is your top ten list. It can be in resorts you have not yet had a chance to stay or one that you just really liked. Lemme hear um!!!!!

GrmGrninGost
08-16-2008, 08:29 PM
My goal is to try them all! Out of the ones we have stayed at, my favorite is the Wilderness Lodge! In my opinion, it is by far the most beautiful and breathtaking of any WDW resort! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I also would like to try them all.

Here's where I HAVE stayed:
Yacht Club (twice)
Beach Club (once)
Disney Institute (once)
Shades of Green (once)
Caribbean Beach (once)
Coronado Springs (once)

Next up is French Quarter.

The rest, in (sort of) order of preference, are:
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Polynesian
Boardwalk
Contemporary
Old Key West
Swan
Wilderness Lodge
Dolphin
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans Riverside
Saratoga Springs
Pop
All Star Movies
All Star Music
All Star Sports

Mousemates
08-16-2008, 09:22 PM
We too are slowly working our way through them...I suppose of the ones we've not stayed at yet and not yet made reservations for would be the

1.Grand Floridian
2. YC/BC for the pool
3. Cabins at FW
4.PO

ParkMan
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
The one's I'd most like to stay in are ones that I have not stayed in before.

My wish list:
- Grand Floridian
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Contemporary

After that, I'd like to round out the deluxe resorts:
YC/BC
Polynesian again (last time I stay there I was very young)

Seasonscraps
08-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Resorts I would like to stay at that I haven't yet (in order)

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Polynesian
Swan or Dolphin

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
We've never stayed in deluxe, if money was no object this would be my preference:

1. AKL-Savannah View
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Polynesian
4. Grand Floridian
5. Contemporary
6. POR
7. Pop
8. Boardwalk
9. Beachclub
10. Yacht club

Jen C.
08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
We've yet to stay at GF. We'd really like to, but every time we've gone, what we wanted has not been available.

Here's hoping for 09'! :mickey:

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM
GF is my number one.

Coronado Springs is my #2 (#$#% Pop Warner or I'd be there in December!)

I'd also pick Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Poly to round out my top 5.

arsenal3
08-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Does anyone know what they are building behind the Contempory Resort. Its connected on to it. Is it part of the resort? or an entertainment center?? or what?

mrs.jacksparrow
08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
I would love to stay at the Gf but only in the most deluxe/ best room suite. It doesn't do much for me other than the fact it is close to MK so I would want to be really decadant and stay in the best of the best.

Same for AKL. only in the best room. But I like this hotel very pretty.

Other than these two just a place with a really fun pool for my DS with a cool slide. So CBR is in the cards for the future and maybe BW

Vito
08-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Of the places we haven't stayed, the two I'd most like to stay at are the Boardwalk (water view) and the Poly (I like the theme). I wouldn't turn down a stay at any of the Deluxe resorts, though, as we've never stayed at one.

disney100%
08-17-2008, 06:38 AM
We've only stayed at the moderates, except one trip at the Contemporary back in the 80s! So here would be the ones I would love to stay in:

1. Beach Club
2. Polynesian
3. Wilderness Lodge
4. Animal Kingdom - only if I had a Savannah Room

Someday! :mickey:

princessjojo
08-17-2008, 07:13 AM
My top 5:

Poly
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom
Grand Flo
YC/BC

maxrebo77
08-17-2008, 09:03 AM
:cloud9:
In a perfect Disney World:
Of course the Castle Suite, but let's be realistic:blush:
I think the GF (but for a real special occasion, like someone ese is buying):D
Yacht and Beach Club (miss the days nobody cared if you swam at Stormalong Bay even if you weren't a guest at that resort)
CS (we were supposed to stay there once, but had to switch)
ASMovies (Just to complete the values)

iheartmickey
08-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I'd love to try all the resorts. Who wouldn't!?!

I'd love to stay at :
1.The Wilderness Lodge ... every time we go here for dinner I feel so at ease and like I've found my happy place. Very hard to describe, but it's on our list as next to stay in! :D

2. Beach Club ... I've always though that we would have so much fun if we stayed here. The pool, the area of the resort and Beaches and Cream! Need I say more?

3. Contemporary ... This is one of the resorts that I feel I should stay in just for the experience. I'd love a room in the Tower Park view room.

4. Grand Floridian ... Another one just for the experience. The hotel is gorgeous, IMO almost over the top fancy. Staying in this area is so nice and relaxing, with the proximity to the MK , and the beach. I love 1900 Park Fare!

5. Caribbean Beach ... I love the theme of this resort and would love to stay for feel of it. If it wasn't so spread out it would be much higher on my list.

6. Coronado Springs ... another resort I love the theming of. I know DH would love the theme ... again too spread out.

I would love to return to the Poly. I didn't list it as we've already been ... and we'd like to visit some other places. We will stay at the Poly again, it's FANTASTIC!!!

DVCWDWMEMBER
08-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Our Family is also working at staying at all the resorts. Of the ones that we have stayed at I would say my #1 is the Polynesian, #2 is the Wilderness Lodge I have a tie vote for my 3rd pick it is the Boardwalk and Beach Club. #4 is The Contemporary, 5 is the Old Key West, 6 Port Orleans French Quarter, 7 Port Orleans Riverside, 8 Saratoga Springs, 9 Coronado Springs, 10 Carribean Beach.
Years ago we stayed at the Disney Inn(now called Shades of Green) and that was a great place to stay at too. I do believe that only the military can stay there now.
I have not stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Grand Floridian yet so those may end up being my top picks.

AllDisney
08-18-2008, 08:59 PM
I'd like to try all of them, if possible. I think our next (after December 2009) has got to be the Poly.
We are returning to CBR next year. It's my husband's favorite and we've not stayed there in a long time.

It's Disney after all and all the resorts offer something special & different:thumbsup:

caryrae
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
We have only stayed in 2 resorts, ASMovies and POP and staying in CSR next year.

1. CR but in the part where the Monorail goes through.
2. GF
3. Poly
4. AKL
5. OKW (love Key West)
6. FW
7. BW
8. BC
9. POFQ
10. CSR

IloveDisney71
08-19-2008, 09:24 PM
You can see where I've stayed in my signature.
The top 5 places I'd love to stay if I could afford it would be:
#1 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
#2 - Grand Floridian
#3 - Boardwalk
#4 - Port Orleans Riverside
#5 - Saratoga Springs

Rekenna
08-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Mine would be Poly and Contemporary-don't know why exactly, they just look fun. Maybe b/c I know that I will never, ever get to stay at a deluxe, at least not while we have little people at home-only 17 more years!

LudwigVonDrake
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Of where I've stayed, the Polynesian has been my favorite with the Beach Club a close second.

Of the ones I haven't stayed at I would say The Contemporary or The Wilderness Lodge.

laward32
08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
I have only stayed at Ft Wilderness & SSR. I would love to stay at:
1. Poly
2. AKL-Savannah View
3. WL
4. BC
5. YC
6. OKW
7. CR
8. CBR
9. GF
10. POP
Hopefully I will fulfill Poly or POR when we go on our 7 day land/sea vacation.:mickey:

bruin1344
08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
if i couldnt stay at the beach or yacht club, here is mine for places i havent stayed at:

Besides boardwalk, the top 5 are because of close proximity to mk
1. Grand Floridian
2. Wilderness Lodge - i like the northwest theme
3. Boardwalk - i like the nightlife and short walk to epcot
4. Polynesian
5. Contemporary
6. Animal Kingdom Lodge
7. Saratoga Springs
8. Old Key West

Soul_Power
08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
We have only stayed at Pop Century and will be staying there on our upcoming trip as well, but if I had my way I would love to stay at these resorts someday:

Polynesian
Boardwalk
Wilderness Lodge

Maybe one day after the boyfriend and me get stable jobs and could actually afford it.. :mickey:

DizNee143
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
my dream resort is the Contemporary..i have ALWAYS wanted to stay there since i was a little girl..and i finally get to in a little over a month for my honeymoon!!! i can not wait!!! i am sooo excited..i hope im not dissappointed..
and the other resort i would love to stay in is the Wilderness Lodge..i love the log cabin country feel...and whenever we go again that is where we are hoping to stay!:mickey:

Insanity Clause
08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
My top picks would be the Animal Kingdom lodge, the ones witht he view of the animals. I would also love Saratoga Springs. We have 7 in our family in all me, DH, DD, DD, DS, DD, DD...and so, our options are limited to where we can fit which is why the younger 2 (age 4, 21 months) will be with my mom. But SS has those 3 bedroom villas...unfortunately my bank account can't handle it.

dismommy
08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
My top picks would have to be:
1. Beach Club
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Poly (i stayed on my honeymoon, but want my son to experience it.)
4. Grand Floridian
5. Boardwalk

Of course these are all deluxe resorts, so until I go back to work I can only dream.

FreFam5
08-21-2008, 07:20 PM
My top picks would have to be:
1. Beach Club
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Poly (i stayed on my honeymoon, but want my son to experience it.)
4. Grand Floridian
5. Boardwalk

Of course these are all deluxe resorts, so until I go back to work I can only dream.

Totally off topic - but you are the reason I couldn't be djsmommy on this board!!! My oldest is Daniel Joseph and I use djsmommy on most message boards that I go on. I tried to use it here but was denied - and now I know why!!!!!

ChewyStriker
08-22-2008, 08:39 AM
1 - Polynesian. My dream has been to stay here because I LOVE the theme and proximity to the MK. I'd also love to be able to let my son take the monorail for transportation and see it so often - he's 3 and loves it. Plus, I think the Poly has the best resort restaurants. Alas, it is not in my budget.

2 - Beach Club. I'd also love to stay here for its proximity to Epcot and for the sand-bottom pool with the lazy river - another thing my son and DH would love.

3 - Coronado Springs. This IS possibly in our budget for an upcoming trip. The theme seems nice and I've hear rave reviews lately.

4 - AKL. My DH and I have actually stayed here, but I'd love my son to be able to experience it.

5 - Yacht Club. I, personally, would just want to stay there because I love nautical theming.

:mickey:

frakers
08-22-2008, 09:04 AM
We've stayed everywhere, including some resorts that no longer exist, except Saratoga Springs. Of all the resorts our favorites are as follows:

Deluxe - Polynesian, but has to be a water view.
Moderate - French Quarter
Value - AS Movies

Some of the favorites depend on things such as views and season. I mean, the Wilderness Lodge during Christmas is the best, hands down. And the view facing the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary Tower is amazing, but of all the stays, the ones above are the favorites overall.

Tygger7
08-22-2008, 09:05 AM
We've stayed at quite a few of the resorts, and visited almost all of them. Based on that...

1. Wilderness Lodge - Really no contest for me. From the very first time I walked into the lobby, I feel in love with this resort. We've stayed there twice and I love it more every time we go.

2. Polynesian - I'd like to stay here at least once during my lifetime. It's a beautiful resort and close to MK, but the pricing keeps me away. I always end up choosing to stay longer at WL, since it's cheaper.

3. Boardwalk - We visited the Boardwalk area for the first time during our last trip. Really cool place, and I'm keeping this in my back pocket for an "adults only" trip sometime in the future.

4. Beach Club - One reason I want to stay here....to be close to Beaches & Cream. :cloud9:

5. Ft. Wilderness Cabins - We used to camp at Ft. Wilderness when I was a kid, and we honeymooned in a tent here too. Just a very nostalgic place for me. :D

Stayed at POFQ, and didn't care for it at all. We're tentatively planning a trip to POR next May, so hopefully it will be a better experience that FQ was for us. None of the value resorts made it in my list because of one thing: the beds. When you're used to a king bed and have to go down to a dbl, that's strike one. When the beds are as soft as concrete, that's strike two. When you are lying in bed and can hear people screaming outside your door, strike three.

Oh, and thanks for posting this topic! It was really enjoyable reflecting on the resorts and where I'd like to be right now.

Tinkpink
08-23-2008, 06:37 PM
We have stayed at CBR and will stay at POR.

Would LOVE to stay at

AK
Poly

Figment78
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Ooooh! I love questions like this.

We always stay in the same places, hesitant to try new places in case we don't like the new one as much. In addition, there's the "cost" factor. Here is my "top ten" with a twist: ;)

(Imaginary) Year of a Dozen Disney Vacations
Jan: All Star Movies - in this weather, I don't mind waiting at uncovered bus stops and lower crowds mean I can stay further away and still maximize park-time
Feb: Animal Kingdom Lodge - romance, brisk morning safari's, cozy campfire evenings
Mar: Caribbean Beach - to counteract Peak season prices + can you say Pirate-themed rooms!?!?!
Apr: Polynesian - for me it's nostalgic, my first trip to WDW was in April, at the Poly. Also a beautiful springtime resort + Wishes from the beach!
May: Boardwalk - walking distance to Epcot & DHS
Jun: Grand Floridian - Beach, cabanas, gorgeous pool, all that bright white trim and of course, the spa!
Jul: Contemporary - three words: Air Conditioned Monorail.
Aug: Poly - Cause I just can't stay away and after all, where else to get a tropical tan but in "Hawaii"???
Sep: Coronado Springs - w/Free Dining this would be a "super saver" trip
Oct: Beach Club - F&WF @ Epcot
Nov: Saratoga Springs - Thanksgiving with the whole family! Definitely gonna need the spa
Dec: Wilderness Lodge for the Holidays

pamickeys
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I always thought that the cabins at FW would be alot of fun, but we haven't got there yet.

Mickey91
08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
GF or BW. I would also like to stay at the FW cabins. I think I will wait now until they make the mini waterpark!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
We are trying to stay in all of them, the cabins at WL are nice but for the amont of time we are in them just isn't worth the money to us. So it is POP or CBR for us.

KatMark
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
We would like to stay at AKL one day. We've stayed at Poly, Contemporary, All Star Sports and Coronado. Our favorites are:

Coronado in a landslide
Poly a definite second