PDA

View Full Version : Blister tape for feet?

Gregandmel
08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I've seen discussed on these boards the "so glad I brought" items and I remember seeing something about blister tape. Can anyone tell me exactly what they are talking about? I just went to Walgreen's and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Thanks in advance!!

Aggie97
08-16-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure if this is considered blister tape, but we use Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister and Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister for Fingers & Toes. They work great and stay on for multiple days (even through showers and WDW walking) -- I like them so much better than moleskin.

To prevent blisters in the first place, Body Glide (available at sporting goods stores) works really well, though! :mickey:

Iluvpooh
08-16-2008, 06:05 PM
The new tattoo band aids that they make for kids are really great-they do not come off and they come in super cute Disney designs-cars, nemo, POTC and Princess.

BronxTigger
08-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I use Moleskin for blisters. It comes in sheets so it helps if you bring a small pair of scissors with you too.

Daddy Mouse
08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I use Moleskin for blisters. It comes in sheets so it helps if you bring a small pair of scissors with you too.

We also use Moleskin. It has worked the best for us.

Gregandmel
08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
So....what exactly is moleskin and where do you buy it? How does it work? Sorry - I'm just not one for blisters so haven't ever really had to look into stuff like this. Thanks!!

BronxTigger
08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
So....what exactly is moleskin and where do you buy it? How does it work? Sorry - I'm just not one for blisters so haven't ever really had to look into stuff like this. Thanks!!

Moleskin is pretty thick, kinda fuzzy stuff. It's sticky one one side and you tape it to your foot.

You can buy it at the WDW gift shops, but it's a lot cheaper to buy it at your local drugstore. It's typically located in shoe insole section, and/or with the band-aids. I've even found generic store brands of the stuff, which work just as well.

All moleskin does is keep your shoe from rubbing directly on the blister - it rubs onto the fuzzy stuff instead. And I've found that a smaller piece tends to stick better than a larger piece.

brewcrew26
08-17-2008, 07:57 AM
There's "moleskin" and there's "molefoam". The moleskin I've found to be a lot thinner and let instrusive. The mole foam has to be at least 1/8" thick and it can make walking hard if you have a blister on the bottom of your feet. So, keep that in mind when shopping.

karenrarintogo
08-17-2008, 10:00 AM
What I call blister tape is also called First Aid tape. It's just white sticky tape. The kind sold in the Disney shops is Johnson &Johnson brand 5 yards for $3. It states it's waterproof on the container.
I had terrible problems with blisters on our last trip and putting this tape over the blisters stabilized and protected the blistered areas worked very well. :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
For the most part, blisters can be avoided by packing/wearing broken in footwear. I see so many poeple at WDW with band new sneaks, and laugh to myself they are going to be in pain later in the day!!!

I save sneakers I plan on chucking out for trips to WDW. They are great becuase I don't care what happens to them, they can get wet, stained, or dirty. I can wear or not wear socks with them if I feel like it, they are comfortable as anything, AND I just leave them behind when it's time to come home. You can always use a little extra space in your luggage for souveniers, etc.

Just another packing tip from Uncle DizneyRox!

Daddy Mouse
08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Even well broken in shoes will not prevent all blisters. I usuallt get blisters between my toes. We take it with us to the parks all the time. Good shoes are a must. I like my crocs but wouldn't want to walk a theme park all day in them.

BronxTigger
08-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Even well broken in shoes will not prevent all blisters.

This is very true. Last August, I wore a pair of shoes that were well-worn, yet not worn out. They had never given me blisters before, and I had worn them all over NYC for hours at a time, on concrete.

Yet for some reason, within the first HOUR of being in Epcot on my arrival day, I had this wicked blister and ended up at first aid to get a band-aid. Later, I bought moleskin for it.

*NikkiJ*
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I know I might sound a bit crazy but as an athlete and now coach I find that regular ol' duct tape works amazing...Just pop the blister and apply a regular band-aid on top and then a big piece of duct tape and you are good to go:thumbsup:

DisneyDog
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
I precut the moleskin at home before I travel, and pop it into my bag to take to the parks. I've even been known to give them out to complete strangers who look like they are in pain. They are always sooo apreciative. Kind of like my version of distributing pixie dust.

kakn7294
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I bought Band-Aid brand blister stick and it worked great! This is the first trip that DD 13 did not get blisters - she always got bad, multiple blisters on both feet. When she wore her favorite flip-flops, she started to get a small spot that would have developed into a blister but I made her switch shoes and use the blister stick and she never did get a blister there. She was even able to go back to her flip-flops after a couple of days. I carried the moleskin but we never needed it.

Bluesky481
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I've also had great success with the Band-Aide blister block stick. You just rub the stick on the parts of your feet that are prone to blisters, and you're good to go. I think you can find it in the Band-Aide section of almost any super or drugstore. It's pretty compact (looks like a miniature stick of deodorant) which makes it very portable. I highly recommend!!:number1:

thumperbug
08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
The bandaid blister pads works great. We get the ones for feet and fingers as the ones for fingers are smaller and good for those pinky toes if needed.

Body glide can help for chafing on the body and the foot. I believe the blister stick is the same as the body glide.

If I do get blisters, I apply neosporin on the blister before covering it to ward off any infection.

On days my feet are really hurting, I will wear 2 pairs of socks and loosen the laces on my sneakers. If later in the day my feet swell I take off one of the pairs.