PDA

View Full Version : Team W Pre-trip report - 4 days to go!

gokatgo
08-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Cast: Me 42 DH 42 DD 6 DS 5 DS 20 mo.

We arrive from San Diego Wednesday evening 8/20 and we'll be taking the Magical Express to the Beach Club. We plan on having dinner at Cape May, checking out the boardwalk and swimming.

8/21: DHS with lunch at 50's Prime Time
midday break for swimming and naps
back to DHS with Fantasmic Dinner package at Mama Melrose

8/22: Kids go on Albatross Treasure Hunt in the morning - anyone done this? Then mini golf at Fantasia Gardens followed by naps
Evening at Epcot with dinner at Coral Reef

8/23: Epcot in the morning then naps and swimming and back to Epcot in the evening to explore World Showcase. We'll have dinner at the Beirgarten and wach Illuminations.

8/24: Blizzard Beach in the morning then more naps!! In the evening we have a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness followed by Hoop Dee Doo!

8/25: Animal Kingdom morning EMH, then naps and on to an early dinner at Ohana. After we might rent a boat or head to MK for a little while.

8/26: Over to Epcot for breakfast and to play in the fountains or maybe to Downtown Disney. Then the kids go to Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian and then to MK - we'll do Adventurland/Frontierland area and have dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and then watch wishes.

8/27: Special Surprise Day for DD 6 and I'm so excited. We have 8:00 ressies for BBB in the castle then 10:00 Breakfast at CRT, then we'll check out Fantasyland and tomorrowland before heading back for naps. Evening EMH hours at AK so we'll head over there until closing.

8/28: Last morning: Breakfast at Playhouse Disney character breakfast or Cape May and hopefully a quick swim before we head back to the airport and reality!!

We're watching the weather but I know that rain or shine we will have a great time being together!! We are wearing coordinating outfits every day and we just going to be fun and crazy and do our best not to be beaten by crowds and heat. The little one will keep us sane by forcing to head back to BC for naps each day!!! Let me know what you think of the plans - this is our first trip with kids and we don't plan to come back for several years. And thanks to everyone who posts on these boards for all of the great tips and advice - I could never have planned this trip without this website!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I can't wait to see your trip reports, have a great time:mickey:

Ropachs
08-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Just one thought - I WANT TO COME WITH YOU:mickey:

Lizzie
08-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Looks great. And its hard sometimes to stop during the day for naps but it helps the little ones so much.

ChipnDaleGal
08-18-2008, 09:27 AM
It looks like you have a lot of fun activities planned, some that I have never heard of. I hope you will let us know how your kids enjoyed them. I hope you all have a great time. :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a great trip! We are going to try the whole cordinating outfits on our next trip. It's going to be tought but we are trying. There will be 8 adults and 1 child. Can't wait to read your trip reports and see those pictures!

faline
08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh dear! It sounds like your arrival may have coincided with Faye's! I hope your having lots of fun despite the soggy weather!