PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music BUS SERVICE

Goes4FastPass
08-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Hello All,

We usually fly-in, use ME and stay 'Moderate' or 'Deluxe' and Disney transportation suits us fine.

We're driving in and staying ASM early December this year.

My question is, how is the bus service at ASM (compared to, say, POFQ) or will we better off driving around WDW since we'll have our car there?

Thanks as always....

KayDee
08-17-2008, 12:40 PM
In comparison to POFQ ASMu bus service is not as good. Mostly due to its location. However I wouldn't say that it so bad that merits using your own vehicle. Try it out for the first day and see what you think. If it is not what you anticipated then go and use your car.

Have a great trip!

BronxTigger
08-17-2008, 01:37 PM
I've never stayed at the All Stars but I do know that they often share buses amongst the three of them.

One time, I wanted to go to DTD from AK, so I decided to transfer at the All Stars just to see how the buses were. It was an EMH night and it wasn't even closing time yet, but the line to get on the bus was through the corral and down the sidewalk. I think I made it onto the 8th bus that came after I got on line.

BUT- because the line was so long (and it stayed long the whole time I was waiting), Disney kept sending buses continuously. Also, they were loading two buses at a time, so I only waited about 10 minutes. The buses were very all full though.

If you have a car, I would drive it on days you have ADRs at other resorts and also on your MK days. The parking lots at the other three parks are next to the park, but the MK lot is at the TTC so you will need to drive, tram, and then monorail or ferry to get to the entrance.

N2DisneyWorld
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
I have stayed at the ASMu and POFQ. Personally, I think it depends on when you go and what is going on. There are times that there are a ton of people in line waiting for both buses and then there are times that there aren't very many at all.

You are going to have a long line for all buses if you stay for the park closings because everyone is trying to leave pretty much at the same time. If there is a long line, Disney is usually pretty good about having buses come by on a continuous basis like the post mentioned above. I also agree with the person above and think you should try out the bus service and see what you think. You may be going during a time that the crowd levels are not too crazy and it won't be that bad.

I hope you have a great time! :mickey:

hlkeck
08-17-2008, 06:05 PM
We went the second week of Sept in '07 - a time when the parks are EMPTY (longest wait - 20 min the whole week! Actually never had to wait for most rides) and we waited at times for 3 or 4 buses due to lines. Leaving the MK late at night? Might want to drive that day! The PP are right re: sharing with 2 other resorts - so that makes it tougher for space on a bus and ASMu is the last one dropped off. The time was very near 30 minutes from the parks to the resort - it was hot, we were tired, and we had to stand most of the time (even the kids).

That said - we did like the resort just fine and apart from the 1/2 mile walk from the bus stop to our room carrying tired 3 and 5 year olds - we would have considered staying there again. But we bought DVC on that trip - so...

Marker
08-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I have stayed at both the All-Star resorts (each one of them) as well as 3 of the 4 moderates.

If you were happy with the bus service at the moderate resort (say POFQ), they you should be find with the bus service from the Values.

Someone mentioned that sometimes the value resorts share buses. Yes some times the All*Star resorts do share buses, but that is at non-busy times. During busier times, they have separate buses running for each of the All*Star resorts. This can actually give you an advantage (particularly if you are staying at the All*Star Music, the one in the middle) as you can always take a bus to one of the other All*Star resorts if the like is noticably shorter and it will still just be a short walk to your resort. And to be fair, other resorts share buses from time to time too, or have more bus stops within the resort than the 3 All*Stars combined.

As for location, I will give you that the All*Star resorts are a bit further to some parks. However, for me, once I'm on the bus, I really don't notice the difference in distance. Also, choosing to drive because of this difference in distance doesn't make much sense to me. The distance is the same whether you are in a car or on a bus.

As I said, I really don't think I noticed much difference, if any at all, in the bus service from the Value Resorts as compared to the Moderate Resorts. But that's just my opinion.