PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Crowds?

Bama Mickey
08-16-2008, 11:21 AM
With all the kids now in school we have to wait until Memorial Day Weekend next year to visit Disney World. We were wondering what to expect for crowd levels to help plan our itinerary. Any help would be most appreciated. :mickey2: :minnie2: :stitch2: :tink:

TammiMcMan
08-16-2008, 04:30 PM
We went a few years ago on Memorial Day weekend and didn't have a great experience. We found the parks to be very crowded and either understaffed or staffed with very new people who didn't quite know what they were doing yet.

That was the only vacation we took during that time period, so I can't say for sure that our experience wasn't out of the ordinary.

DisneyWhirled
08-16-2008, 08:46 PM
We have travelled over that weekend several times. We have usually left (to come home) the Monday of Memorial Day Weekend.

The week leading up to the holiday weekend is great. Good weather, crowds are not bad, etc...

Crowds noticeably increase the Friday of of Memorial Weekend. DH said this year we should have left of Friday. I like staying as long as possible, despite the crowds. After all a busy day at WDW is better than a quiet day at home!

We also have children, so we opt to travel around Memorial weekend to eliminate the # of days we have to pull them out of school.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions!

Bama Mickey
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Which would be more crowded, week of Memorial Day or June and July typical weekly crowds? :confused:

Beast_fanatic
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Which would be more crowded, week of Memorial Day or June and July typical weekly crowds? :confused:

More schools are out for the summer in June/July, so I would say they would be more crowded, but Memorial Day weekend is quite crowded, particularly at the Magic Kingdom.

Bama Mickey
08-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info ya'll. We may use the weekend for Downtown Disney or one of the other parks and save the Magic Kingdom until later in the week. :smickey: