PDA

View Full Version : Quick AP planning question

Sunshine1010
08-16-2008, 05:17 AM
We don't have an AP, but we are getting one.

If a special comes out (an AP special), and we want it, can we get it BEFORE we are even AP holders?...then, by the time the vacation happens, we'd have it? Make sense?

or do you have to be a CURRENT AP holder to be able to get a discount?

sillyolbear
08-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I know you don't have to have an activated AP to book an AP rate. Technically, you need it to check-in with that rate although I've never been asked to show an activated AP.

What I'm not sure about is whether you would need an AP voucher number to book. Since we bought our DVC I've not had to take advantage of the AP discount and my memory is fading.

Somebody will be along soon who know s for sure.

Sunshine1010
08-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks...looking forward to the answer.

DisneyDudet
08-16-2008, 11:50 AM
You don't need an activated AP or even a voucher number to book an AP rate. We don't have one right now, and we just booked using the new AP rate. All you need is the code that they have posted on the main page of Intercot.

Some people report being able to check in with a voucher. Some report that they can check in with the voucher, but were asked to bring the AP back once you exchange it for the AP. Others day that they require an AP for check in. To be safe I would have it exchanged prior to checking in to your resort if at all possible.

If this doesn't jive with your plans, I would call the resort itself and speak with a supervisor at the front desk, get his or her name, and ask if having a voucher is OK for check in.

Sunshine1010
08-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I plan on getting an AP in the next month for my family. And if I'm correct, it doesn't have to be 'activated' until the first day we use it. So, I'll definitely have it when I check-in. I just didn't know if you HAD to have it when you made the initial reservation (like a code or something). THANK YOU.....!!!!!!!