PDA

View Full Version : how do i get home

jonahbear2006
08-16-2008, 03:38 AM
oh my! That last thread of how do I get back made me realize that we have this problem, too. We have 900pm reservations at Boma and How we get back to the beach club after that is beyond me! Ok, so I can take the downtown disney bus and then switch to the beach club bus, or take a taxi, right? How much does it cost to take a taxi from one disney resort to the other? Is this the only way to do this? It seems that switching buses from downtown disney is a pain in the butt. That is a lot of traveling time at 1030 at night with babies. I never considered this. I wish we reserved the dinner earlier in the evening now, bummer!

mook3y
08-16-2008, 04:15 AM
personally, from my experience, no way i would bother transferring busses. It cost us around $13 plus to to Boardwalk from AKL to take a taxi.

BronxTigger
08-16-2008, 04:52 AM
OP - You have listed the only two late-night options for transportation.

UNLESS...there is EMH at a park, then you could transfer buses at a park. However, this is not much more appealing than transferring at DTD.

Another alternative is to call and try to change your ADR to an earlier hour if you don't have something planned for earlier that evening. And you can call even the day of the ADR; maybe someone cancels last minute.

Vito
08-16-2008, 06:09 AM
This could be dependent on what parks have EMH and what the park hours are.

If Animal Kingdom is open "late" that night, you could take the bus to the AK and then to BC, but the chances that buses are still running from AKL to AK at 10pm are slim.

If DHS is open late, you could catch a bus there, as well, allowing you to get a bus or boat back to BC. Same goes for Epcot.

If none of those options are available, your only other "free" option is bus to DD, then bus to BC. Yes, that will probably be a lot of travel time.

The fastest trip would definitely be taxi.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-16-2008, 09:25 AM
If you have little ones, then why not just rent a small car for a couple of days? We did this last year. It will definintely help you with this dining/transportation situation.

It's also especially nice to not have to wait for Disney bus or taxi at any point in time during your trip. Also, very nice to put a stroller in trunk, rather than carry it on and off the bus.

We also used the car to go to Walmart. You could get some supplies/snacks you might need. (bottle water, diapers, cereal)

You can rent directly from some of the resorts. We went to the Swan last year. When we returned the car, we just took the walkway around to the WS entrance for a fun day at Epcot.

Sorry...I went off on a tangent. But, I think a car rental for a day or two is better than a taxi.

buzznwoodysmom
08-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I would just take a Taxi. We've always taken taxis from AKL. The most we've ever had to spend was $20.00 (including the tip) to get us from AKL to WL. There is no way I would transfer busses that late at night with little ones. Much easier and pleasant to take a taxi.

Tick-Tock
08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
You may have trouble with a taxi because of car seat issues, though. Our friends tried to get a taxi from FW back to AKL but no taxi would take them because the kids needed car seats and the drivers said they weren't available. So if you want to go the taxi route, you may want to pre-order them, specifying what car seats you will need.

wdw_bound
08-16-2008, 10:56 AM
You may have trouble with a taxi because of car seat issues, though. Our friends tried to get a taxi from FW back to AKL but no taxi would take them because the kids needed car seats and the drivers said they weren't available. So if you want to go the taxi route, you may want to pre-order them, specifying what car seats you will need.

I was thinking the exact same thing. May not be an issue if your babies are still using carriers that you can strap in, but otherwise you could get stuck. If you can't get an earlier ADR, I'd look into other dining options - although admittedly I am one of the few people on Intercot who didn't care all that much for Boma.

jonahbear2006
08-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Thank you all so much. I don't know what I would do without you guys on intercot! I called dining and changed our reservations to 645 pm! There was a cancelation and WOW!! So much better. I no longer have to worry about trying to get back to our resort! Again, thank you guys!!! This just goes to show you guys that you have to plan, plan, plan to go to DIsney and have a no flaw trip!

BronxTigger
08-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Yay! I'm glad you were able to get a better time for dinner. 9 pm is a really late dinner when little ones are involved. I think this will be better all around!

KAT1811
08-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Glad to hear you could get an earlier ADR. My children would be so done long before a 9:00pm dinner. I can't even imagine the horror show that would be (for us) after a long day in the parks!