PDA

View Full Version : How is Tony's?

PetefromRI
08-15-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm thinking of giving this place a try next month if we can get in.Is it any good?The location can't be beat but is the food any good?

WDW&MK
08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I think you'll get some differing opinions. I have eaten there twice and have not been impressed either time. I thought the food was fair and the service poor in 2006 - our waiter was not very nice to us (just me and DH, no kids). In 2007, I thought the food was downright poor (not inedible but not good) and service was not very good. So, for me and DH we will not be dining there again. Our TS picks for days at MK are to take transportation and go to Whispering Canyons at WL and also Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Both we enjoyed very much. Whispering Canyons is great if you have kids and Kona Cafe is a nice as well (but not real exciting for kids). We are also trying the Plaza restaurant this trip, but we've never eaten there before.

Cheloconnell
08-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh no. I booked there for October since SpectroMagic is that night, I figured we could walk right out and line up for it. I have heard not good reviews characterizing it as Chef Boyardee. I was hoping things have changed recently. :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I asked this same question a couple of months ago, and the responses ran from one extreme to the other...I still say you have to try them for yourselves to be sure......One thing that was unanimous everyone said to avoid the baked ziti...hope that helps.....:blush:

thumperbug
08-15-2008, 09:12 PM
We've eaten there twice on 2 different trips and I thought it was "ok". It felt like pasta you could get from your local pizzeria.

My DH did not like it either time and will not go there again. He would rather eat a pretzel curbside for dinner then eat there again. That may be extreme...but thats how he is.

I would probably be willing to give it another shot in another year or so. Maybe the menu will change.

WDWFanatic
08-15-2008, 09:35 PM
We went last November and it was easily our worst meal, and our server was just plain ole horrible. We had a large party, 12 of us, but it took over 2 1/2 hours, and we didn't take long to decide what we wanted. And then they tried to push us out just as the night parade was starting. Needless to say we stayed put.

I would suggest just about anywhere else.

#1donaldfan
08-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Alrightythen......I'll be the first positive post...the atmosphere is great along with the food. It's a great place to dine, and when your done, you still have main street to stroll down. We have been there many times and have yet to have a bad server or service......maybe we have been lucky, dunno, all I know is that we really do like it....:mickey:

PetefromRI
08-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Unless I hear more positives,I may opt out of this one.Thanks guys!

pink
08-16-2008, 04:14 PM
The food isn't the best thing you'll ever taste but when I ate there I enjoyed it. Then again i was hungry. :secret:It's a great spot to watch the people walk down Main Street.

:mickey:

DumboMom
08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
The location is beautiful but the food isn't that great. None of the adults in my group had anything worth mentioning. My kids only ate the bread and butter. :mickey:

Natazu
08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Tony's Town Square (1TS) ☺☺☻
Canned Italian food. The atmosphere is neat if you like Lady and the Tramp but there are much better places to get Italian. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the food here is bad. It’s just another “we’re stuck in a park and have to eat” place.

pianobabe
08-16-2008, 06:49 PM
On our trip in 2005 there were 8 of us and we had a wonderful meal and great service. DH and I are going back this year in September. Everyone has different taste and every experience is different. Try it, you never know.

Friend of Figment
08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
We ate there week before last. It was very good. The steak my mom had was the best steak of the trip. I had the Chicken Parmesan and it was very tasty. I had spumoni and mom the walnut lemon cake for dessert - both were yummy. We had good service and we lucked out with seats on the porch during Spectro magic. Of course it is not like eating in Italy (the country not at Epcot) or at a gourmet Italian restaurant. It is meant to be a neighborhood type of place and we think it does that well.

Daddy Mouse
08-16-2008, 08:06 PM
We ate there a couple of different times, DW likes the setting and the service was always good. I have been too spoiled by DW's pasta and nothing taste nearly as good and she learned from her Sicilian Grandmother. Do not tell my mother, I've always told her I like her pasta best of all. It is worth a try.

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 12:32 AM
We've eaten there twice, and I thought the meatballs were killer.

The dessert - not so much.

Ropachs
08-17-2008, 07:39 AM
We're trying it in October. My Mother and I ate there several years ago and loved it. I understand things may have changed but it's worth a shot, DH and I always tend to like things that others don't!

PittFan
08-17-2008, 09:24 AM
We LOVED it !!! We were a little hesitant because of all the negative reviews we had read, but decided to try it anyway. I had the Eggplant Rotini and it was out of this world.My DW & DS both had the Seafood Diavoli w/ calamari as an appy and raved about it. The service was excellent ( friendly, prompt but not overbearing) and it was an enjoyable atmosphere. Definitely would go there again. :thumbsup:

PittFan
08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
We've eaten there twice, and I thought the meatballs were killer.

The dessert - not so much.

:thumbsup: I actually bought the Mickey Cookbook for the meatball recipe. The sauce and meatballs are awesome!!!