PDA

View Full Version : Non-alcoholic beverages on Dining Plan

Tinkerbellfan
08-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Hello,

We are trying to decide if we should get the Deluxe Disney plan. While doing the research, I realized Disney wasn't very clear regarding non-alcoholic beverages. Does that just include water and soda, or does it also include smoothies, milkshakes and lattes?

And, for breakfast, can you switch out the juice for lattes?

As far as snacks are concerned, are places like Main Street Icecream shop included?

Thanks!

Wishmaker
08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Not 100% but i believe regardless of your type of dining, when it comes to snacks, any restaraunt with snacks (ie Disney Bakery) they will be given. The only difference is the amount you can get.
As far as types of beverages, very very good question. In all my trips i never tried to verture out from what i knew to be excepted. If they do approve the lattes' it is so on. I will be :cloud9: very very good question/post.

MuchLovedMama
08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I hope somebody comes along shortly to answer because I've been wondering this as well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-15-2008, 08:53 PM
From what I have read in other posts, I think it depends on the policy at each restaurant....I do remember someone saying they were allowed to order smoothies, don't know about latte's but it would seem fair to me.

SBETigg
08-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Actually, they are usually pretty specific about drinks being the usual fountain soft drinks, water, or iced tea type beverage. Smoothies, milkshakes, and that kind of drink are occasionally allowed but more often discluded. It's really up to the individual experience-- sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. It's really not something to count on in advance, but more or less left to each venue when you get there.

Tinkerbellfan
08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I guess we will wait and see when we order. Thanks for the replies!

DM&DDLuvDisney
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
We actually just returned last week from our most recent trip and used the DDP. At all of the restaurants we went to we were offered the standard fare of drinks that you would expect. At the Coral Reef, we were offered those as well as Virgin Pina Colada and Virgin Green Apple Smoothie. A nice surprise after our 45 minute wait, even with an ADR, for lunch! Loved the atmosphere though, great view for the kids. Hope that helps...I think it pays to ask. Others have also said that at some restaurants they will swap Appetizer for Dessert on DDP. We weren't so lucky with that...oh well! have fun!

disneygirlie11
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
In December, every single restaurant we ate at that I asked offered different types of drinks. I got a PB&J shake at 50's, a smoothie at Le Cellier, a frozen fruit drink at Ohana, and I didn't ask at Teppan Edo or Wolfgang Puck.

Zimkeeper
08-24-2008, 01:22 PM
We have used the DDP 3 times now and discovered that we could get any non-alcoholic beverage on the menu at all of the TS places we have been. We are big water drinkers not soda, so we always ask what other beverages are available besides soda and iced tea. We have had wonderful milkshakes, and smoothies and sometimes just coffee, but we were never told that soda was the only option.