PDA

View Full Version : Contemp

MichaelMouse
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone know why the Contemporary is booked December 4th through December 8th?? I thought this was supposed to be a quieter time to visit......:(

mdhiggin
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I tried to book Dec 5-8 at flat rate and couldn't get anything. All I've heard about is Pop Warner coming sometime then. I booked the 19-24 the day the AP discounts came out, though. I'm not sure why they had availability during Holiday season and not value season. They mentioned that they held some rooms for AP holders for the discounts. Go figure.

moe513
08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I tried to get rooms during the same time period a few years ago and it was booked too. Maybe because of conventions. I think the pop warner stay at value with some at moderates. I found it to be crowded. It wont be empty. It is a fun time to go with all the Christmas stuff going on. Watch out for the days they tape the parade at the Mk. I would avoid MK those days.

TammiMcMan
08-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I thought this was supposed to be a quieter time to visit......:(I think the "quieter times to visit" are becoming few and far between. You have Pop Warner (which actually doesn't arrive until 12/7 this year), plus the Christmas parade taping and CR is a major convention resort. Combine all those factors and you either have to book much earlier, or hope for cancellations as you get closer to your dates.

My suggestion is to either turn the legwork over to Magical Journeys, or be prepared to call CRO each morning to check inventory and openings.